help with riding out the first two weeks - feel worse than before

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, I started on 5mg of Lexapro 10 days ago and I'm feeling a bit hopeless so far. I felt what I think is a placebo effect for the first three days. Taking it at night before bed, I felt fine in the mornings and VERY calm all day, maybe a bit wired in the early evening but otherwise fine and amazed that it seemed to be working so quickly.

Three days in, I suddenly went back to my old self, feeling anxious, angry, depressed and hopeless about the future (I have been diagnosed with post-partum depression and was also depressed during my pregnancy). Additionally, I now feel too tired and unmotivated to get up in the mornings, never a problem even during my worst bouts of PPD. My doc initially wanted me to up my dose to 10 mg after two weeks. Any advice on how to ride this out? I'd like to stay on 5 mg if possible, wondering if things will start to get better soon. Perhaps I should play around with taking the dose in the AM, or splitting the dose? Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello ptichka.

How are you doing after 2 weeks?

Has your state got better?

I started Cipralex 6 days ago and so far I notice no more crying, but still I wake up early with upset stomach, loss of appetite persists until late evening so I have to force myself to eat. Also I have that bad anxious feeling almost all day.

How are you doing?

• Posted

Hi i am in a similar position to you .im on day eleven. Had one really bad night up twice with palpitations and tingling ,sweats. So next evening took my 5mg plus 1/4 of xanax. This helped enormously and feel really good now.However my doctor wants me to up my dose to 10mg to benefit more effectively from the drug,so will do that a week from now and will expect to have more side effects because upping the dose usually has this effect. In the long run though you feel fabtastic after about 6-12 weeks.

• Posted

Hello Felis, how are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.