Help with sertraline 50mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've been on sertraline 50mg nearly 4 weeks the end of this week will be 4 weeks and I'm still felling really bad in getting shakes and headache,upset tummy felling sick and dizzy not dizzy every day just now and then but can be more than once in that day fast hart beating and also numb fingertip is this the sertraline that's causing all this and I've also been very worried and having a lot of panick attacks my doctor wants th put me up to 100mg but I was not wanting tables that's going to make me fell worse thank I was before I started talking sertraline I just don't fell right I was going to stop talking my sertraline before I see the doctor on Wednesday as I feel really awful on them can anyone give me some advice and help on what would be best thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Stick with the meds,it can take awhile to fully get working maybe 100 is a good idea if the 50 not working yet

I started on 50 I'm now up to 175 but it did take awhile xx don't ever stop taking medication without advise from your doctor as suddenly stopping can cause worse effects xx

• Posted

Hi thanks for the information it's helpful to now I'm not alone did you get very nervous and dizzy before going out and felling dizzy when out and also when getting visitors too I hate this feeling and it's been worse sins the doctor put me on sertraline I fell awful can you tell me how longe is this tables going to take before I start feeling better when will these tablets start to work I've been on them for 4 week and still felling awful how many more weeks thanks
    • Posted

Everyone's different Hun but yes I was dizzy all times I still get like that now if I'm really worked up,just keep reminding yourself that it's all normal and it will start to feel better because the more we stress about it the worse we feel xx
  • Posted

Hi Sharon

you should only stop taking these meds under your drs care.  Do not stop cold turkey.  These meds tale a long time (for some people)  to work.  4 weeks is very early days.  The side effects do ease in time.  I know the side effects can be horrific having been through them.  Still have some.  They will ease.  Speak with your dr before you decide to do anything.

lynda

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

I have been on sertraline for the last 3 weeks and my symptoms are exactly the same as yours, I am only on 50mg but I am constantly feeling dizzy doesn't matter where I am or what I am doing its constant but I don't know if it's the sertraline or the propranolol I am taking to, to calm the pulpertations down etc, it's a real horrible feeling one that you just want to stop, the tablets have known side effects and they do say the anxiety when taking these tablets gets a hell of a lot worse (if that's possible) before it gets better! Definitely do not stop taking them as you will have really bad side effects which will probably make you spiral, I have had a headache every day for the last few months and it's totally demoralising I have also had the shakes and sweats, I have just arrived home from my sisters after a 5hr dive with my 2 kids and had an anxiety attack on the way home, the only way I got back to Wales was to twiddle my hair the hole way home but I thought I was going to pass out it was that scary! Pm me if you wanna talk it's really tough going but it helps to talk to people going through exactly the same xx

• Posted

Hi Emma thank and that's grate to know that you on the same stage as me and I would like to talk as it helps I thought I was the only one I fell awful and the dizzy and faint felling and heat to I've heard that you can faint but I haven't fainted yet it fantastic to meet people that are nice and understanding it's comforting thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.