Help with supposedly tension headache?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good morning all,

For the past 3 weeks, I have been dealing with what the doctor says are Tension headaches after going on Friday. It feels like a band around my forehead and pressure building up inside. They haven't subsided at all and range on a scale from 3-8 out 10 during different times.

No sleep changes (the headaches don't disturb sleep surprisingly), no eating habit changes. I mentioned how work has been getting crazy, i.e., working overnight, looking for a new job, etc. I mentioned not taking advil/excedrin/painkillers as I didn't want a rebound headache. She started me on 60mg Propranolol but i forgot to ask how long it'll take to go into effect.

Anyone have any experience with this drug? I've been on it 4 days now and the headaches hasn't gone away. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Vanatol works for me. Its a liquid and works in 20 minutes. I pay 7$ for a 500ml bottle with free delivery from the pharmacy I use. Let me know if you'd like the info for my pharmacy as they have a relationship with the manufacturer and have coupons that reduce or eliminate your copay. Hope it gets better!

• Posted

I have had tension like headache going on for a week and a half. I wake up with them and they vary in intensity throughout the day but they are never really gone. Please post if you find relief! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.