help with symptoms!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys,

I was at work last friday and began to notice a fullness in one side of my chest and found my heart to be racing.. anyway I went to A&E where they did all necessary tests on me (ECG, Blood Tests, Chest X-Ray, etc.) and I am booked in for an echo scan and a 24 hour ecg starting tomorrow.

However since this has happened I have been reading up on anxiety and I think I am suffering - all of these symptoms have all started very suddenly (all after leaving A&E last week) although only now have I realised that I have been feeling unneccessarily anxious for a while but never have I suffered from physical symptoms.

Symptoms Include:

- Of course a constant feeling of anxiety - this doesn't effect me mentally or from day to day but just a feeling i'd rather not have.

- High resting heart rate (85bpm) - caffeine/exercise quickly take this up to around 100bpm+)

- Chest pains (various types that all come and go seperately) - stabbing, heaviness, dull ache, 'flutters', and slight pressure.

- Shortness of breath (recently eased away).

- A few spells where I have struggled to swallow.

- A few spells of feeling nauseas/sick.

- Waking up early hours with no circulation to hands (one or both) 

- Just now I have a numbness in pinky finger on one hand (lasted a few hours) - linked to late night loss of circulation?

I am looking for reassurance that these symptoms sound familiar to a lot of you and that they aren't something else!!

Thanks in advance

Jack

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Note: ALL RESULTS CAME BACK FINE
  • Posted

Looking at your heart rates all seem to be ok resting and after activity Cattiene will raise heart rate so at 100 is also expected.

You are having further tests, if it is anxiety you will be tugging at the leish to get the results whatever we would say here. You need to gain confidence and trust the results so let us know what you are like after all of your Anxiety concerns. 

However I feel you are suffering Anxiety so good luck, trust your test results

• Posted

All results but the echo and 24hr ecg as they are all taking place this week - do all symptoms sound anxiety related then do you think? nothing unusual?
  • Posted

jack - I have experience all the sysmptoms you have mentioned except difficulty swallowing. I have been suffering from GAD and have dilipidating health related anxiety. As all your test results came fine its pretty clear that you have anxiety and nothing really sinister.
    • Posted

Hi Shan,

Thanks a lot - appreciate your assurance.

• Posted

its a battle jack! we have to win it each day ... fight it out one day at a time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.