Help without Medical Insurance?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone been receiving any kind of 'treatment' or relief of symptoms without having medical coverage.  All insurance quotes for me have been crazy expensive and definitely not doable and of course I'm in the middle of a relapse.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

When I was on  Tecfidera (Biogen) they had a no co-pay program (with insurance) then I had temporarily lost my insurance and they kept me on it for free; so I'm not sure if they can help you but it wouldn't hurt to contact them.

I will say though, currently I'm not on any medication and doing better than I have in a long time following a plant based diet (no meat or dairy, lots of vegetables, beans and whole grains).  Take a look at forks over knives website and documentary.

• Posted

Thanks Jaredboy!   Currently I am not on meds either except a round of steroids when I get a flare up.  I was concerned as my Neurologist didn't want to take "private pay", but my family doctor talked him into it  smile   So I should be good to go.   My flare ups only happen every 4 or 5 years, but boy, when they do....trying to sleep at night with the nerve pain is brutal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.