helpful remedy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone i read this in one site and i thought you might want to try this too. im trying this today:

TURMERIC

\"07/19/2008: Melonie from Atlanta, Georgia USA writes: \"I have Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS). It is a pus-producing and debilitating skin condition that causes large infected boils on the neck, breasts, armpits, abdomen, buttocks and groin areas. They can grow together and also form a tunnel called a \"sinus tract\". It sounds like what some of you may have. I was self-diagnosed after doctors didn't know what is was & still didn't after informing them. Their treatment was years of antibiotics which didn't work, by-the-way because in most cases, the pus is sterile. I went online and searched for a Natural/Holistic treatment and found Turmeric. I took as directed ( 1 teaspoon in a cup of warm water 10-15 minutes before breakfast & dinner for 3 days). I felt results in hours - not days. I felt better overall. In 3 days all of my golf ball sized areas on my neck, breasts, underarms ans sinus tract disappeared, along with the terrible deep-purple scars that HS leaves. I went back to my dermatologist 6 months later and they could not believe I was the same person. I have told my HS Support Group Members about it and they, too, have been successful into putting their condition into remission. I have been in remission for 7 months now. For some reason, the capsules do not seem to have the same effects and affects as the powder in warm water, though.\"

GOODLUCK TO US!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thank you sooooo much for sharing this......... I will definitely be trying this remedy.
  • Posted

Thanks for this advice. I'm having a tough time with HS lately. I will definitely get some Turmeric powder.

Thanks again.

• Posted

It makes no difference if you take the turmeric in capsule form or as powder diluted in warm water - other than the fact that powdered in water option tastes utterly vile and is thus harder to incorporate into a routine. I take 800mg of turmeric daily in the form of 2 x 400mg capsules. You can readily find these at Holland & Barratt/any health food store on the high street or online.
  • Posted

How often should I take the pills/drink?

It says you drank for 3 days straight - that can't have been the only time surely.

• Posted

hi i am wondering if Turmeric powder from holland and barrett is Julian Graves - Ground Turmeric please could you let me know as i have been a h.s. sufferer for 2 years and i really would like to give this ago.
  • Posted

hi evry1 after reading the article re:turmeric i gave it a go, at first with powder but couldn't stomach it, it was awful. so next i tried capsules from holland and barratt and have seen a noticeable improvement also did you know that turmeric is also good for the digestive system. certain digestive complaints i.e crohn's can go hand in hand with hs. good luck to all those who try turmeric its certainly working for me. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.