Posted , 6 users are following.
I've been suffering from these for years and tried a million different things. One thing I have learnt for sure is that doctors (GP's and Specialists/Urologists) don't seem to know what they are doing when it comes to UTI's. So we are on our own for now.
I have found some things that have helped me, and it depends on why your body is out of balance so these may or may not work in helping to balance you:
- Antibiotics seldom work for UTI's and put your body into a very unhealthy state where you keep getting them - bad cycle
- Raw garlic 3 x a day (1 tsp or 1 whole clove) can work as well as some antibiotics (just be prepared to smell like garlic
- D-Mannose does nothing for me, so I wouldn't bother
- Eat paleo (cut out grains, dairy, sugar. Don't eat s****y cheap processed meats/food). Salad, homemade dressing if any, eggs, lean meat etc.
- Oregano oil - few drops in water
- Stacey Butterfield - a Naturopath in QLD, Australia, helped me a LOT. She does skype consults from anywhere.
- Potassium citrate or sodium citrate, usually a liquid at pharmacies.
- PROBIOTICS 4 per day!!! and depending on how many antibiotics you've taken (I've been taking them a lot for 7 years), then you need to take probiotics for one month for each year of usae = 7 months for me. I use the clinicians brand called flora restore, for female gential health. Take one with water in the morning, and put one in vaginally - then do again before bed. This is really important - time to distance yourself from horrible antibiotics and save them for when you need life-saving surgery!
- Avoid SUGAR, coffee and alcohol
- If sexually active have a solid hygiene routine for before and after, and maybe use a natural lubricant like coconut oil to minimise bladder trauma.
Hopefully this helps someone fix their UTI
Natural and healthy is the only long term solution, it takes time and hard work!
1 like, 11 replies