helpful tips please

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all i am 4 years old and was diagnsed last year. my symptons seem to be getting gradually worse adn i was wodnering how people cope? sometimes i can put even undo my bottle of squash etc. Thank You

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Well Kirsty first of all try and give up squash. Too much sugar is a bad start and will only make it worse. Get mom to give you a healthy diet. Chocolate is allowed. Hope that helps. X
  • Posted

Hiya i meant i am 24 years old sorry lol do  you have an excercise that help? i am on the Methotaxide (cant spell it) tabltes. or any food that you think may worsen and help syymptons? thank you
  • Posted

Turmeric, ginger and MSM are reputed to help with pain, although my experience tells me MSM simply doesn't work for me.  Turmeric helped a lot when I first started taking it but unfortunately it doesn't seem to help anymore so I've discontinued it's use.   Diet is something worth exploring, try cutting out gluten, dairy and meat, some have reported good results, particularly from cutting out gluten.   Botom line:   everybody is different, what works for some may not necessarilly work for you.   Experiment, experiment, experiment!

• Posted

Kristy, get with your doctor and tell him that the MTX is not working, that you need to try something else. Also you may ask him if he will give you pain pills or some other meds like celebrex to help. Diet may help, gluten free, dairy free, no red meat, no junk food (sugars) Exercise too, even when you don't feel like it, do some stretching or walking. Hopefully this will help you. A lot of things you just have to try, everyone is different. Good luck and keep us posted!

• Posted

Hiya Thank you all for your replies. I have recently come out of an eating disorder unit so i will not chnge my plan as it may send me backwards but thank you for the food tips. I try and go swimming at least twice a week and i still work but my job as a specail nees teaching assistnat so always on my feet. i am sure i will find something that hleps. thank you all
  • Posted

i really doubted you were a 4 yr old eating squash but I guess you never know.  I just didn't think a 4 yr old would use the word 'cope'

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.