Helpful update

Posted , 5 users are following.

hopefully thus will help anyone who has up coming surgery. On Tuesday I had a double scarf & akin plus one hammertoe fusion. I was really stressed and worried in the lead up to the operation, which is only natural. I have to say it is not as bad as I have been expecting. Pain is very manageable if you keep your watch on timer and take the pills. I actually slept through my tablets this morning which was a great surprise. I managed to get up, used the loo, have a wash, get dressed (baggy shorts) a must, and come down stairs. Made a cup of tea. Then my friend came as planned to tidy, make beds, and assist in anything I needed. Physio wants me to elevate and rest but also move around because of DVT. Self injection has been ok, I worried about that too but has to be done and is very important. I feel great. Throbbing after walking but it's ok after elevating and icing. So I'm happy. I know it's not going to be easy but I'm going to be patient and listen and do as I'm told. Hope thus helps. X

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely patience is the key. Hope all continues well, you seem to be coping well with the pain, it does get better day by day.
  • Posted

Thank you Rae - injection feedback useful for me.  My surgery will be different but all this helps.  You sound like you are a model patient.
    • Posted

Lol I'm really trying to be but I have the best husband who has been my rock! You defiantly need help the first few days bug you have to get up and try and push past the pain x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.