Helping Other's

Posted , 11 users are following.

Good Afternoon to All

I was going to write on one of the other post but I changed my mind. I want this to get to all the men on here that have been going through there own problems.

I can't believe that it is only a few days before Christmas. Were has this year gone. BPH has affected all of us at one time or another. Most men do nothing until it's to late. I think it is in our DNA. Some men have started there journey early in there 20's. That is a lot to handle at that age with everything else in life.

Most of us do deal with it later on but we also deal with other problems as we get older. We deal with some of our problems but others we do nothing. They linker on the side. Well do something later

All men need to start to handle and take care of anything that is not the normal because if you wait to long then you have less treatments to take care of it and sometimes it's to late.

I wish there was something we can do to help men start to take care of there many problems. I feel this site is a good start. Men years ago never talked to anyone there doctor was the last to know anything. BPH and other male problems were nothing you wanted to let your buddy's know about.

At least we have this site to talk over the problems of life.Who else can we talk to but someone going through the same problems. They know what we are dealing with.

We are very lucky in this time of our lives. 60 years ago we did not have all the treatments that we are offered today. This is a good thing because we are all men but we all see life different because we are different. What may be good for me may not work for you.

We have to talk things through with others and in our minds. What we want and what we can deal with is not all ways the same. The main reason is we have to be there to listen to what they have to say. We have to try to give them the best advise.

We have to tell them to get all the information they can and get as many answers they need to make there decision. If you have to go or see more then one doctor so be it. You are the one that will have to deal with the out come.

I could go on but this is getting to long. For these few day try not to let your problem effect your holiday plans with your family. That is what matters. When the new year rolls around tackle them problem head on. If you have to make a list for the new year do so and take care of one at a time.

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas & A Happy Holiday with your family's

God Bless and may the new year bring us good health and happiness........................Ken

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Merry Christmas, Ken. Thanks for all you do on this forum. I know it has helped me. Bob

• Posted

Bob

We all have to do our share to help other's in need......Ken

• Posted

Excellent message Ken. Something for the undecided to make their New Years resolution.

Don't be one who does nothing until it's to late as it lessens a good outcome.

Merry Christmas to all wherever you are. I wish I was somewhere warm and dry rather than wet and windy. But there s no accounting for taste. We once met two Texan couples on the Orkney Islands and they said that they went there at least twice a year they said because Orkney is cool, wet and green and Texas is hot, dry and brown.

Though they did not enjoy the sea journey back to the mainland. It was the roughest I've ever been on with 30ft waves coming over the ship.

I think that we must have been the only two not being sea sick.

• Posted

Hey Derek.

Thank you. People always told me to go back to Michigan after my divorce in 2003. I told them no my kids are here. I do have family still there but I'm here till I die

The weather here now is not what it has been over the years. It has all ways been in the 70's & 80's We have has a lot of rain over the last few day's in the low 50's but we deal

Good health to all............Ken

• Posted

Ken,

Thanks to you and others on this site I decided to pull the trigger now before my bladder got damaged. Hoping for a good outcome, but we'll see. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Tim

• Posted

Tim

I think that is all we want after we pick a procedure. It to work and not have to go through it again.

All the best.......Ken

• Posted

Pulling the trigger sounds a bit drastic 😃

Let someone laser you instead.

• Posted

I have been on this forum for many years and it has helped me so very much. It helped me decide on a treatment for prostate cancer, is helping me with BPH problems, and has helped me with medication questions etc. So many here have been incredible - offering help, advice and personal stories. I can't imagine where I would have been without this fantastic resource and all that make it work. Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and thanks to all of you....

• Posted

Tom

Thank you for your kind words

That is what this site is for to help and make the choices a little easier. If we to not know the information on how things work for others how can we go forward with what is going to workfor us.

Happy Holiday........................Ken

• Posted

Merry Xmas Ken and thank you for staying on this forum. You (and Jim James )have helped many.

Tom

• Posted

Tom

That was very nice to say.

Good health to all next years................Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.