Helping the scar fade!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just want to put something out there. I recently started using EMU oil on my scar and I can't believe how much better it looks in abouy 1 1/2 weeks! It is amazing!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

That sounds wonderful Kimmers!  How long is it since your op?  I've bought some Vit E capsules to pierce and use when I can.  I go for dressing off and clips out tomorrow but I've got a feeling it's not healed yet.  Does anyone know, if it hasn't healed, do they need to put you back on to antibiotics?

• Posted

Hi Chris, after having my clips out my wound opened up a bit ( just over the maximum bend point) after physio so the put some surgical strips on for 5 days but I wasn't given any antibiotics as I didn't have an infection.

• Posted

I am 17 weeks now. I don't think they will give you antibiotisc unless it is infected.

• Posted

I mean antibiotics!
    • Posted

Thank you - it helps to know what to expect, in case:-))))  I was just a bit worried, if there is an open wound, of getting an infection into the new joint:-)))
  • Posted

My surgeon said he approves of only vitaminE oil.?I will when I'm ready to use anywhere in my incision.

• Posted

I found out about EMU oil on my own. It works better that vitamin E, at least for me!
    • Posted

Hi Kimmers

I have heard of EMU oil but never used it. Might be worth a try if you recommend it. Is it expensive, I can't remember where I heard it or how much it is?

I am using BioOil, which I get on EBay as it's cheaper than the shops!!

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Hi Marilyn, I bought mine at Amazon and it was $8.95 for a 2 ounce bottle. which goes a long way. I tried to send the link on here but my post was deleted. 
    • Posted

Just make sure it's the pure EMU oil.The one I bought was PRO EMU OIL.

• Posted

Oh! What is that? Is it mixed with something?

Looked on Amazon & its about the same price as BioOil, I have a spare bottle of that so will stick with it until it runs out. Thanks for the info, will get some when BioOil runs out.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

It's just pure EMU oil. I can't believe how well it is working for me!

• Posted

For anyone living in the uk, Tesco have got the 200ml Bio oil on offer for £13.33 ... this is a bargain!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.