Helplines

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was just wondering what help there is in the UK.

I was at my worst today so I rang Samaritans and she told me I should get a dog as it will encourage me to get out & have something to look after. I know they can't wave a magic wand & fix people but for someone that was ready to end it thats not what I was expencting. I tired another text helpline I got no reply. When someone is desperate & it's their last cry for help what are they meant to do because it's not good enough. We need help we need solutions we need treatments we need to be listened to I feel like the world is one huge brick wall and only some of us are given the tools to get over it some are so lucky they're carried over and others are left struggling at the bottom forever watching others pass them by. Please share any helplines you have. Thank you x

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya I hope you are ok now, I am not too great also I’m sick of being mentally lll, tired of struggling to cope and having to fight it off everyday of my life...I know it sounds stupid, but when you are having a bad day try and do something that will make u happy, having a home made latte Or hot choccolate, go shopping and buy yourself something nice....I apologize, I’m crap at giving advice...but that’s what I do to make my life bareble...
    • Posted

That's not crap advice at all sometimes it's the tiny things that get you through the day! I feel exactly the same it's exhausting I'm at a complete loss actually considering the dog now 🤔

• Posted

Hey yasmine, so sorry to hear that your day was not a good one. Personally I don’t feel that’s very professional to talk someone’s into getting a dog, it’s a little irresponsible. I have 3 and I’ve bought all of mine when I was well and they are such a responsibility. When I’m ill, I have to get someone into walk them and it makes me feel so guilty. Get a dog by all means but not just for these reasons . I don’t have any helplines I can pass on, just that, I’m here to chat and send you positive thoughts to. I feel some of that pain and I’m there with you. Please email me any time, I’m sorry I can’t do any more. I wish I could help everybody. You have got through this before and you will again, tomorrow is another day and you can start again. All my best wishes xx
    • Posted

That's what i thought really wasn't the advice I was hoping for but I understand they're not professionals but still. I would love a dog had a puppy before was way too much work. Sometimes I can barely look after myself tbh. Just the fact you have replied & offered support makes such a huge difference. Same to you too message me anytime xx

• Posted

Mind.org.uk. I just went to uk and pulled up wedsites for anxiety and depression. I hope this helps. Diane

• Posted

Yeah tired them too but worth another go. Thank you so much for your help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.