Hemachromatosis H63 D

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.. i was just diagnosed with this as a carrier with high ferritin levels. Does anyone have this and can tell me what to expect? Thank you

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hopefully you will have answers you can share with me.  My daughter is also a carrier C282Y gene,, but also has high ferritin levels after being tested recently.  She has been referred to a hemotologist and is waiting to get an appointment.  I'm told if you're a carrier, you will not get HH. What are your next steps?

• Posted

Think you are having deficiency of Vitamin C, Vitamin B & folate levels which help in absorbing irong content in the body. 

Take plenty of Vitamin C & Cod Liver oil capsules (Seven Seas or COD Capsules) + Vitamin B complex (methyl cobalamin 1500 mg) & spinach (folate) on daily basis for a month & check the blood once again.

The situation can be corrected.   Consult a hemotologist.

Note : I am not a qualified medical doctor but have some anemic problems & able to share my experience & knowledge, which can help to alleviate some deadly fears 

• Posted

Hi, I need a bit of guidance on this if possible. My parents both have haemocromitsis. I was tested for it and was told by my GP that I also have it and that I'm also the carrier. I'm confused if I have it and also the carrier does that mean I've not got HH??? and my daughter was diagnosed with leukemia is this connected? my GP told me not to worry until I hit the menopause ?? why if I'm only the carrier?? Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.