Hematoma?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I think I may have a hematoma. I had a vasectomy on 07/13. I had intense pain the first week where I could hardly walk and after seeing the Dr he gave me some antibiotics and inti inflamatory medicine and now the pain isnt AS bad. 

I noticed now that I have a lump above my left testicle, its in an oval shape and basically looks like a third nut. My entire left side hurts in that area all the way up my groin. I can walk but it still hurts a little and bending over is still hard. 

I have to return back to work on Monday, my Dr gave me a note to be on light duty for a week but after that I will have to return back to doing my normal manual work on the Highways, heavy lifting and such.

Does this sound like a hematoma to anyone? Or is there something else that it could be? Any suggestions on what can be done to help heal faster. 

I will be starting a new job soon and its a job that I will be on my feet 12 hours a day constantly walking. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi R First are you wearing a jockstrap these are the best thing to have after a vas, you may have had a third cut as not all things are in the same place , this shape could be just your epididymis your feeling or seeing.

As for getting back to work, I would let your body tell you when its best to get back, as for healing faster have you been sea salt washing around where your cuts are, it help with the cleaning and aids the healing, any swelling get a wet ice cube and massage that round the area 3 times a day, this will help reduce the swelling and pull extra blood to the area and this helps healing on the inside.

Remember using ice cubes they must be wet, if not your burn your skin. OK

• Posted

I thought mine was a haematoma. It was an infection. Sounds similar to yours. Seriously, don't return to work until it's gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.