Hematoma after surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all. i am 1 week post lap chole. . i have a pretty impressive hematoma under one of the incisions. i wasn't super concerned about it but my friend saw it and thought i should get it looked at. i follow up next week. no indications that it is infected. anyone else get that? the rest of the incisions look fine. thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi hope you are doing good. Yes I had a hematoma also on one of incisions too. I knew this was possible because of my appendix surgery I remembered I had one too. So don't worry like you said it looks fine and not infected. Way to go. We know our bodies. Hope this will help ya out. Best Healings.

• Posted

• Posted

it looks ok. the brusing is somewhat large. It can be from the surgeon hitting you stomach wall. If it's not infected you will be fine. In a week you should start healing from that. Just be watchful ok. Bye

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.