Hematoma? Maybe?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey everyone!

I hope you guys are ready for a ride! So, back in 2011, I wasn't wearing a helmet while riding a horse (I know, it wasn't smart, use me as an example kids) and I fell off, face first, causing me some level of a brain injury, as I had amnesia and don't remember what happened or how I fell. My face was swollen for like, two months, but eventually I healed, and I had a hematoma on my forehead, and my doctors told me it would go away with time, and it's always just been a part of my face, but I was wondering, is it a hematoma if it is still here 8 years later? Like, should I be concerned? It doesn't bother me or anything, just a little unsightly, so I figured to ask here before running to a doctor over a bruise. Picture included so you can see my dent in my forehead. Thanks!imageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

God love you !! Firstly, thank god it wasn't worse then it was! Second, I think your hematoma (yes,that's still what it is) is there to stay. It's been 8 years, if it was going to dissolve back into your body it would have done so by now. I fell off a bed when I was one year old and had a massive hematoma on my forehead. To this day I can feel the difference from the other side of my forehead (not visibly noticeable though). Three years ago I slipped on wet stairs and ended up with a hematoma on my butt, it's still there. One month ago I was in an accident and ended up with a hematoma on my frontal cheek bone. Seems like I'm prone! LOL. This one was also huge.. But this time I was diligent with compresses. It's still there but not visible to the eye anymore. A friend of mine fell and also had one on her cheek, she did not treat it with compresses (cold for 48-72hrs and then warm after that). It's been 10 years and she still has a massive hematoma on her face. It's nothing to be worried about if it's not physically bothering you but if the aesthetics are an issue I'd book an appointment with a doctor to see about having it removed. ! I've attached a picture of mine the day it happened. The hororr!! lol image

• Posted

It's my party trick now, "hey guys, want to hear about how I almost died?" Anyway, thank you so much! Nice to know someone relates, haha. And I probably will go about getting it removed eventually, so thank you for the reassurance! Nice to know there's other klutzes in the world 😃

• Posted

I ran into a very low door frame and knocked myself out, it left a dent in my forehead, that was years ago it's still their and I'm told its a dent in the bone and it will never go away, surely a hematoma is a collection of blood under the skin, a bruise, or have you been told that is what it is.

• Posted

That's what I was curious about- I had a CT scan done, and they said that my skull was fine, and I had no visible brain damage. Two different doctors told me that it was a hematoma (One being five years later) so I'm just to assume it's a hematoma at this point.

• Posted

No Idea then if you have been told its a bruise and you believe them and they say its ok then i would try to just forget it.

i didnt have any scans just got told by gp, dented bone and nothing to worry about

• Posted

Yuk, mebbi, was in a auto accident year ago, leg received a big nasty hematoma inside my right knee, swore something was broke, chipped or something, but X-ray said all was well, stayed tender for a long time, but the lump is still there?, I'm 56,maybe the reason it isn't disappearing so fast, ain't no spring chicken 🐔 no more, you might be stuck with a Frankenstein Forehead, rest of your life,? 😬😬😬,maybe a plastic surgeon can fix it, feel your pain, bless your heart, I'm sending you a super, master blaster, healing online cyber power wave OK,😇😇😇🙏🙏🙏🙏🙌🙌🙌🙌,heal mebbi

• Posted

horses can be the very best trained and still the rider has to be on guard constantly. i had similar experience. and it was a fall straight on my hip. dislocated my hip. ended up with hip replacement surgery a few years later.

after what you have been thru you are very lucky . they can be removed. thank goodness .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.