hemi facial spasms

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

my name is chris, im 33 and have been suffering with the spasms for the last 5 year

when my spasms arnt that bad it can be something from a bit of twitching on the left hand side of my cheek with minor headache, when there at there worst its as if my whole head is affected as though someone is shaking it with there hands and i was just wondering if anyone else is affected in this way. ive had the mri scans which show the blood vessle trapping on the nerve but when i mentioned the shaking off my head to my surgeon he said this dosnt normally happen with hfs so he seemed very unsure when talking about the surgery...

would love to hear back from someone as this could make my mind up about the operation

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, Leon:

where did you have your MVD done? Toronto? If so, can you please let me know which doctor?

thanks,

tom

• Posted

Hi Tom

I wonder whether you've found the Facebook page entitled Hemifacial Spasm International Support Group? There are quite a few Candians posting on that forum and you may find the information you need. Just make your own post and ask the question about surgeons in Canada. My own experience (having had a successful MVD last year) is that it's highly important to get a very experienced MVD surgeon, and one who can furnish you with his personal operation rates and success rates. You should be looking for 80% complete success and 90% who have improved. And for a surgeon who does at least a couple of these operations every month over a long period of time. Don't touch those who need practice!! Anyway, wish you all the best, Roseann (from the UK, as is Leon)

• Posted

Hi, Roseann:

thank you so much for you information.

tom

• Posted

Hello Chris,

It seems we suffer from the same illness. I was wondering if there was any progress in your case? My name is Tanya and it feels as though I have been chasing my own tale trying to get what I feel are solid answers.

• Posted

I forgot to mention Chris I not only get head tremmers I get them in my hands

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.