hemifacial spasm last 9 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I am Rajini, My age 28. My left eye twitching last 9 months. but last 3 months near to my mouth also twitching. I checked with doctor they confirmed hemifacial spasm. Still i didnt take any treatment.

What is the best treatment for permanent.

Really i am disappointed for this...Please help me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi there

You lucky to be diagnosed so quick. It took 3 GP's and course of antidepresants in my case, but finaly got diagnosed after 2 years. The botox treatment is the best, I can't imagine live withot it. Looking back I was 28 and it started from eye twitching and than the mouth started about the same time as yours. At the end it was so bad I couldn't open my eye and I looked like stroke survival. Get the botox ASAP. O, another thing, before the botox the neurologist gave me some antispasm meds and I ended up in the hospital because my hart couldn't take it, so mind yourself they are little strong. Good luck Rajini, it's not that bad Xx

• Posted

I have a question.

Your first twitch is upper eyelid? or lower eyelid?

I've suffered from uper eyelid twitch for 3 mo. 

I'm very nervous about it.

• Posted

Hi,

My twitch started lower eyelid in left side. now its spreaded near mouth also. before one month my right eyelid also twitching and its stayed near 15 days. then now its disapper. 

• Posted

Hello,

Have you tried chiropractic treatment?

I have had facial spasms for a very long time. I remember my eye twitching back in high school. At the time I did not know what the cause was and I never did get it checked out. It then began to get worse over time (I am now 41). I am thinking that around 12 years ago it progressed from my eye, down to the entire side of my face. I had gotten botox treatments as well but never the perfect treatment.

What I would like to tell you that I found Chiropractic treatment helped relieve my spasms for a few years.

I went to see the chiropractor because I was having trouble with my neck and had a pinched nerve that was causing some discomfort in my jaw. He did some adjustments on my neck and lower back. After about 6 or 7 sessions I noticed that my facial spasms were gone.

It has been a few years now and my spasms have returned somewhat, but I am going back to my chiropractor now to try and fix the issue again. 

I hope this can help!

• Posted

Hi @pam, Stil i didnt take any treatment but few days(10 days) i taken tegretol tablets , but no improvements so i stopped. i will try chiropractic or some other ayurvedic treatments and searching the good doctor for botox.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.