Hemiplegic migraine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Blighted by this awful condition and looking for tips on managing it. I had a CT scan last night to rule out stroke. But I have stroke symptoms that seem to be getting longer at last few episodes and added symptoms. Quite scary but I know it’s ok just have to ride the storm. It’s the total disruption to my workaholic mind. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lostlass I used to suffer from these types of migraines where I had aura visual disturbances and side paralysis. I went to a seminar on migraines years ago and a chiropractor talked about the connection between the neck and migraines. I was hopeful so I went to a chiropractor to have my neck adjusted. I have to admit I was a bit sceptical as first but he managed to pretty much cure my migraines. I was free of them for 10 years but in that time I rarely went to the chiropractor so about 2 months ago I had a migraine but it had changed over the years. It went from full side paralysis to just the arm and face with aura a visual disturbances but the last one I had was just the aura and visual disturbances. I have read that they can change as you get older. I went back to the chiropractor again twice and I will probably go now when my neck starts to get bad. I dont know if this will help you but its worth looking into. Really hope you get some relief soon.
    • Posted

Dear RydiaMoone

Thank you for info. I will check out. I’m back in hospital having another CT scan for suspected TIA. Speech is muddled and closing eye. 

Thank you for replying. 

• Posted

You are very welcome. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I hope all goes well with your scan. I am here if you ever want to talk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.