Hemiplegic migraine please help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I really need some help, my mum has previous issues with Hemiplegic migraines, and for years I believe I’m having them too. Basically this is how my migraines start, I’ll have a pain by my eyes (can be different eye each time) I can lose vision, but I always know it’s going to happen once I lose feeling in my lips, tongue which goes to my face down my arms and to the rest of my body leaving me completely frozen in that position. I can’t talk or move for hours. 

I really am lost in what I should do. I’ve never been to the doctor about this as it only happens a few times a year but now I’m starting to question should I get medical help? If anyone who suffers with Hemiplegic migraine or has similar issues please reply. Also if this doesn’t make sense I’m writing this after an attack. I’m desperate for help 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Leigh,You need to get properly assessed when these happen as speaking from experience they are pretty scary feelings.  I have had it where my whole body has been paralysed, but usually its my left.  I always have to be admitted to hospital for care.

The symptoms mimic a stroke so dont waste time in getting an ambulance.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care and best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.