Hemmeroids, fissures, polyps and Botox surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

3rd time of having this surgery. 1st time being 2005 after giving birth to my 1st son I was diagnosed with internal piles. Excruciating pain, went for an appointment with consultant to discover it was the fissures causing me so much pain. Was prescribed glycerol trinitrate. Worked miracles but unfortunately the NHS stopped prescribing it as it was too expensive so surgery was the only answer. Had surgery and everything was back to normal after 9 days.

In 2012 I had my 2nd son and all my problems started all over again. Surgery again, my god the after pain was unbareable. Before, during and for hours after bowel movement. Had to call out doctor after day 3 post op as I was bed ridden. Had ended up with an infection even after countless bathing day and night. Took me around 3weeks to recover. Vowed never to go through that again.

Here I am 9 days post op for the 3rd time, Jesus why? Should of listened to the doubts I had about the after pain. This time is 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry was cut short, posted early by mistake. This time is 100 times worse than all the others. Constant stomach pains, feeling the Erge to go to the toilet and once there nothing, then when I do need to go I can't hold back. It doesn't sound nice but it's as though I'm passing razor blades. I'm avoiding eating so not to go as much, can't sleep. Praying for a miracle. I remember this pain well my only issue is after day 8 post op I went to my Gp who said I had prolapsed along with an infection again! I have to give it 2-3 days and if no improvement to go to a&e. I'm struggling now to pass urine. Has anyone been through this. I'm a single parent with 2 children and holding off going hospital incase I'm admitted for there sake. 

• Posted

Im in my end if forth week this Tuesday..

Still extremely painful every day after each bm.. The pain last for hours.. I hope this will end soon.. No infection just lots of pain..

First time having this surgery. Never again worse pain Ive ever felt in my life.

I can relate to what u r going through. I had internal n external roids.. Bleeding for months and tired of the mess down there so I went to seek options.. Was told id be back to work in a week. Well this is my forth week off now.. Im asking myself why did i do this? Not happy the way the healing process takes so long and i still have roids..

Really waste of time

Hope u heal faster then me.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks me93627, my GP has prescribed me instillagel, works wonders. It's a numbing gel like anaesthetic to apply before bm can even be applied afterwards. It's helped me, got it in my handbag too so I can venture out without worrying about needing to go. Ask your Gp if it's something they can prescribe for you, I'm sure your like me, the excruciating pain and panic dreading eating incase you need the loo more than normal, anything is worth a try, there is no stinging just relief. Honestly give it a try x good luck and here's to a speedy recovery 😊

• Posted

Doc prescribed the instillagel.

But not covered under my insurance.. Thx for this but too expensive in Canada. 😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.