Hemmorhoidectomy. Then prolapsed hemmorhoids

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a 'simple' hemmorhoidectomy to remove one hemmorhoid. Since then I have mannnny prolapsed hemmorhoids extending and I feel like my rectum is tearing. My dr won't call me back. I think he thinks I'm complaining of pain of removal. I went to ER and they called him and he told them to send me home. He has no idea what has happened since. It is horrible. They gave me pain meds which my dr gave me none. And he never even gave me post op instructions of what to expect. I am scheduled to see him in 2 weeks. The office finally is squeezing me in in four days. I don't think I should wait four days. I feel like I'm tearing. So painful. Please advise -thank you 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

pain after this procedure is very normal and some patients find it very painful . You need pain meds, drink lots of fluid and and take a stool softener like lactulose. I'm thinking you may be in the US,so dont know what its called there.  A warm bath with no soap or salt can be soothing.

• Posted

THANK YOU!  Sorry reply so late. I forgot password and got very busy. I went to a proctologist (paid instead of insurance) and he said I had a rare response to procedure and made everything very reactive. Hemmorhoids got extremely inflamed. I’m fine now. Phew!! Thank you!!!
  • Posted

Hi, how are you now, what did surgeon say? Was it an external hemmorrhoid you had removed? I have previously read about patients feeling like that have new hemmoirhoids due to swelling. hope you are improving.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.