Hemmorhoids and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello...so i have had them for years along with a fissure...the last 6 months they have been really bad...I went to urgent care and a regular gp and both said just hemmroids...went to a surgeon who wanted to remove them and then I got a second opinion at a colorectal dr...she looked and didn’t think they were that bad...said I also have levitor syndrome....now I am dealing with them daily...I have a colonoscopy scheduled next month and she said she is not concerned...no bleeding at all...my question is has anyone has discomfort daily for weeks..when I wake up in the morning after being off my feet I feel great but hen once I sit for awhile of go to the bathroom they are back?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I’ve had an external hem for four months.  It is getting smaller even to the point where I cannot really feel it. I get up in the morning and feels great. Sit at work most of the day and it’s uncomfortable. I put on diaper rash cream and went for a couple mile run and then showered and now laying down and I feel pretty good.  It’s only sitting that bothers me. I saw colo rectal doc twice and he said these could take a while to completely go away. I am going to see him again in late June or early July if it isn’t back to normal although he did say no surgery cuz he couldn’t really see it much only if he really spreads my cheeks apart.  It is really ticking me off that it won’t go away or at least be asymptomatic.  
  • Posted

I had it for 15 years. I had all of yours + bleed. It swell crazy every time I'm done the business. Sometimes bleed for few days.

There is really not much you can do but to change your eating habits. Honestly, I tried everything. There were times that I was seeking for emergency medicine online and they claim working...But fail. Sleepless night... Can't sit... Can't go to work. I'm a single mom and my little kid eat chips for dinner becos I can do nothing and under severe pain.

Swell, pain becomes part of my life. But I know every time I have pizza, deep fried, it almost guarantee with swell and bleeding hemorrhoids by observation.

Recently, Iife finally slow down a bit, my daughter is good and I start changing our eating habits. We cook home more and less fast food. Quit deep fried... Quit spicy... Green juice often...That was trying to eat healthy. I would say it started immediately, it is positive to my hemorrhoids. It no longer bleeds...No longer swell...It's just amazing.

So, juicer and blender help me big time. Now, it is still like a dead skin in the area but no longer bleed or swell. Its been 2 months. I think just matter of time for that to disappear. Honestly, I'm already happy the way it is and even if that skin stay forever, as long as no pain no swell, I have no complain.

So, green juice, quit fast food, quit deep fried, quit spicy food is my solution. I hope that help you.

Best of luck.

• Posted

I would avoid surgery by all costs. There are side effect attached to it and make sure you understand all before you opt to it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.