hemochromatosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Spoke to the doctor the other day which they informed me my iron blood levels were high. Which she said it was hemochromatosis and that shewas passing me on to a blood specalist. Which has left me a bit worried and what I should be doing in the mean time. I have noticed a few of thesymptoms that people have put like tiredness and sore feet...all my other bloods came back normal. Can anyone advise what I should do in the mean time.

Thank you

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

In the mean time, not panic. Wait until it is confirmed. My gastro and GP thought I had it, until later tests confirmed that everything had begun to settle down - too much alcohol (and I mean a lot) was my problem.

If the haematologist confirms it, he/she will advise the best route to take. In the mean time, you can look up dietary foods to take/avoid (Google).

• Posted

Thank you. Have Googled but all confusing on the iron intake as I don't know anything yet😣

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.