Hemochromatotis??? Can anyone provide insight into blood test results:

Posted , 2 users are following.

My Father has been diagnosed with Hemochromatotis and is in ill health. I have just had genetic testing & over phone advised I am normal. Though, these are the results: Heterozygous for C282Y / H63D mutation not detected. I don't think these results were reviewed alongside blood tests (taken few months prior). For quite some time I have been experiencing sysmtoms such as: fatigue, aches in limbs, brain fog, anxiety, headaches, dizziness etc. My last bloods (October) as follows: 

UREA 2.1mmol/L (low) / [3.0-8.0]

BILIRUBIN 40umol/L (high) / <20

PLATELETS MPV 12 fL(high) / (6-10)

FERRITIN 31ug/L (low) / (30-300)

TRANSFERRIN SATURATION 45% (high) / (13-45%)

NOTE: August - TRANSFERRIN SATURATION high at 56% 

and low B12 & Vit.D 

I am still feeling quite off & find it hard to function, at times. I am planning on following up. Can anyone shed any 'light' in relation to my results. I was told I had low iron; however, due to the high saturation - I am questionable as none of the above was really outlined or seemed a concern? Thank you. Look forward to your guidance! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You need to get your kidney/liver tested your results indicate you could have impaired function and from those test results i can understand why you are having the symptoms you have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.