Posted , 2 users are following.
I'm looking for people with bleeding disorders, specifically hemophiliacs, who have under gone an Total Ankle Replacement (TAR). I have had conflicting advice from 2 leading sturgeons in the US and UK and would now love some advice from patients.
- Why you decided to have a TAR instead of a fusion
- What your situation was before the surgery (i.e. did you have any cartilage left? were you bone-on-bone? Did you also have arthritis)
- If you are happy with the results
- What was your general experience regarding recovery?
- What complications you faced as a result of your hemophilia?
I know there is a long thread about Ankle replacements, however, I have reviewed that thread thoroughly and have not seen anyone who had hemophilia, thus wanted to start a new thread specifically for those with bleeding disorders who have had ankle surgery. Thank you.
0 likes, 5 replies