Hemoroid banding using gun

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today I underwent a small procedure on 3 internal hems. The procedure itself wasn't painful, more discomfort than anything. I wasn't told I'd feel pretty horrible for the hours afterwards. I did immediately needed to go to the toilet where I felt pretty sick and faint. After quite a large bowel movement (sorry) I got in my car and drove home. I had to go to bed immediately as I felt so sick and uncomfortable. It's now been 7 hours and Ive been to the toilet about 8/9 times. Will this ever stop? My tummy is so unsettled and I have low down back pain.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you are having a horrible time but I can't help you. I had nightmares afterwards but no pain.

• Posted

Web info say pain is likely for 24 to 48 hours after rubber band ligation and advise taking painkillers but not those which contain aspirin or NSAID as these can cause bleeding. The bands may be close to the area in the anal canal that contains pain sensors. Were you administered any pain meds before the procedure or antibiotics to ward off post-operative infection? Either could be responsible for loose bowel movements in the days after. Else I’d say it’s just the trauma of the procedure and things will settle down in a day or two and if you don’t then speak to the doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.