Hemoroidectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I just had my procedure done 4 days ago. The first 2 days wasn’t terrible but now that I am pooping, the pain is unbearable. Worst than my back surgery. Also I seems to go often but little poo comes at a time. Is this normal? An god the burning, The pressure it makes everything worst. They said not to push... how can u not push when you poo? Anybody has any suggestion to relieve the burning sensation? Oh I do sitz bath at the same time while i poop... it’s kind of gross I know 😭

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Bun pooping whilst sitting in the sitz bath is the only way that I can have a bm. Believe me you're not alone! Lol x as soon as I have a bm I empty it and put fresh water in it as hot as I can bear and sit in it. It seems to calm the stinging and burning after about 15 mins xx

• Posted

Thank you I been doing that too. Most of the time I just climb in the tub and let the water run. My doc gave me magnesia milk and Metamucil with some morphin... I am afraid to eat cause I am afraid to go.  Should I just eat fruit and vegetable? 
  • Posted

I found the urge to push absolutely overwhelming. I just couldn't help myself. Scalding hot baths were the only thing that would take the pain away for me. The Dr gave me some ointment to dab on after baths which was very soothing. I also cut the fingers out of latex gloves, put water in them and froze it...fit nice between my butt cheeks and really helped. There is no quick fix I'm afraid...just grin and bear it. I was in rough shape for 3 weeks and took sleeping pills to get through the night (and day). Good luck friend...youre not alone.

• Posted

Hi I am 16 days post op and still get the burning sensation and scared to poo it’s like a task you just do not want to happen but I am now able to just lay on my bed and wait until the throbbing and muscle spasms go away usually within 30 mins, The first 8 days were horrendous and I would of rather taken a bullet to my head. I found that lots of sudacrem on my bum helped with the burning your going to get at some point and I used baby wipes also I ran a bath every couple of hours (water bills I know) so that I was prepared to get straight into a bath even if only Luke warm to soothe myself after and even though I would scream in pain and have awful muscle spasms I would highly recommend the baths I would lay in them for well over an hour with the hot tap running one leg cropped up on the side so it hit my anus lol I was getting up to 8 baths a day but they really helped!! Be patient is does get better honestly even though it feels like it won’t I had to ring an ambulance on day 6 and was on morphine I thought I was dying but here I am...Still not 100% and my initial 2 weeks off work has turned into 4 up to now as just been issued a new sick note due to not been fully healed down there...So good luck on your journey!! 
    • Posted

Oh and I always had the feeling I wasn’t fully empty so you would feel uncomfortable all day and that had also subsided now it’s just getting past that first week when things start to get a little easier x
  • Posted

Just an update... I am at day 7 post surgery. I still have issues with BM.  Everything seems to be fine and than BM comes and I am back at square one. Now I have some gas trap between I guess some poo.  Anybody have suggestion how to relief the gas? I am so afraid of BM 🔥😭

• Posted

Highly recommend applying Sudocrem before and after BM. It coats the wound a little and really helped me with the burning. The warm sitz bath right after BM was a nice relief and then the layer of Sudocrem was a lifesaver. It doesn't take the pain away completely but does bring it from an 11/10 to 7/10 the first few days. It gradually gets better.  I found mine on Amazon but it looks like they don't sell it anymore. eBay still has it. Good luck. You will feel better soon. The worst is behind you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.