Hemorrhagic cyst help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had for the last 8 months pain and tenderness from a just over tiny cyst. I've been told it's a hemorrhagic copus luteum cyst, it's an endometrioma, it's a collapsing copus luteum and now been told its a hemorrhagic cyst all on separate ultrasounds. I am now under a gynecologists, who I'm hoping will help me get to the bottom of this, as I've had a rare benign ovarian tumor in the past. What ever it is, is causing significant pain and I've had episodes of sudden severe abdominal pain resulting in abdominal tenderness. Has anyone had Hemorrhagic cysts, if so what was the treatment?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi nina,

i had some pain i my side that got worse when i was using my bladder, thinking i must of had kidney stones or something i went to the hospital and they did a quick US and found nothing. The next day i had another US and the found a 5 cm hemorrhagic cyst on left ovary. The GP said to re scan in another cycle but i did seek a second opinion with a GyNo as im due to head away in a few weeks. He asked for a re scan and it had shrunk 1 cm in a week but the pain is the same . It comes and goes and is really annoying. I am keen to know how much pain is normal and still a sign its getting smaller . I AM worried its getting bigger but the plan was to re scan in 1 month and see .

• Posted

Thank you for your response.. my cyst doesn't appear to be have got bigger than 2.5cm however the size has fluctuated from 1cm to 2.5cm... I'm due an appt with the gyno soon, hoping to get some answers. I'm in pain nearly everyday, around ovulation its worse. I did have free fluid in pouch of douglas on two scans and wondered if it is Hemorrhagic cyst and leaking then this would account for the pain. This is all so confusing as I have endometriosis but never had treatment for it as never really had problems.

Please keep me posted with what happens at your next scan if you don't mind?

• Edited

Thank you for your response.. my cyst doesn't appear to be have got bigger than 2.5cm however the size has fluctuated from 1cm to 2.5cm... I'm due an appt with the gyno soon, hoping to get some answers. I'm in pain nearly everyday, around ovulation its worse. I did have free fluid in pouch of douglas on two scans and wondered if it is Hemorrhagic cyst and leaking then this would account for the pain. This is all so confusing as I have endometriosis but never had treatment for it as never really had problems.

Please keep me posted with what happens at your next scan if you don't mind?

• Edited

Just wanted to update as I think its helpful for people.

Turns out my cyst was not a hemorrhagic cyst, at surgery it was an endometrioma and pain was due to progression of endometriosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.