Hemorrhagic cyst-possibly something else

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello,

I'm 27 years old and on septemeber 21st i was admitted to the ER due to severe pelvic pain. i got an ultrasound done and was told i have a 4.1cm hemmorrhagic cyst on my left ovary. i was told it was nothing to worry about but was told to follow up with my primary asap. when i told my primary about the cyst she told me 4.1 cm was pretty large to be on my ovary so she wanted me to call the hospital to make sure it was cm and not mm. when i called the hospital i was told they actually werent sure if it was a cyst or something else and they wanted me to get an MRI done. my primary ordered the MRI and i got it done on October 10th. i was told i should get the results back in two days. two days pass and on the third day i call to follow up and i was told the radiologist is waiting to get my ultrasound images from the hospital so he can compare to the MRI images. its now october 19th and i havent heard anything and im really starting to worry. ive also been "spotting" and having my period 2-3 times a month for the past 6 months, sex is painful for me and i feel like i need to urinate every 10 minuets. has anyone ever gone through this and it turns out to be harmelss? i just cant help but worry i have a 2 year old daughter and i keep thinking of the worst.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Megan, I know your stressed and worried but no news is good news, ive currently got a 9.5cm hemorrhagic cyst on mine, and am in consistent pain, but the doc wants to wait 5 weeks before doing another ultrasound, as these cysts can go away on there own,

if your still in pain keep going back to your doc

• Posted

hello,

I have also been recently diagnosed with the same almost the same size and I can tell you I feel your pain and you are not alone. The pain is strong, scary, and uncomfortable. What scared me the most is that the doctors said it would go on its own and that I have blood lingering around my body in places it shouldnt be. I am still scared and don't know what to do, but finally decided to take it in my hands. In the past I've seeked help in alternative medicine maybe this can work for you. I am going today to my first acupuncture therapy. The therapist was very nice and actually wanted to listen to me, not only about my physical condition but how I felt mentally. If you have any type of reports from the tests they've done I am sure you can find for some type of alternative solution to help that pain that is not only pills. keep in touch. hope I was able to help you.

• Posted

Hello,

thank you so much for your reply! the thing that worries me is they at first said it was the hemorrogic cyst but then went back and said they werent sure. i also got a second opionion from my Obgyn and when she looked at the ultrasound images she also suggested i go ahead with the MrI/further testing. since my MRI and ultrasound were done at two separate networks its taking a little longer for the MRI tech to obtain the ultrasound images to compare. im just worried as to why the MRI radiologist wants to compare the images and he doesnt want to write a report until he sees them.

• Posted

i finally received my MRI results and the mass isnt actually on my ovary but i have a "structure" next to my ovary that my OB wants to surgically remove.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.