Hemorrhoid and skin tag removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey I'm super scared I have med to big size internal prolapse hemorrhoids and skin tags that needs to be remove I'm almost 33( in July) with 4 kids all c secs. Is there any way to get thru this with minimal pain?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Do everything you can to aid your recovery!!! Theres lots of info in these forums of what helps make recovery as easy as possible. It's still painful and there's up and downs through it. Some days I feel optimistic others I don't at allll. Im 34 with 2 boys mine started having my second son. I have 2 large external and a few internal. I'm on day 8 post op. It's been a journey to say the least. So things that have helped me. Lots of sitz baths with epson salt. Ice it a god send. Drink lots of water. Take your pain meds as prescribed and you and stop those if you can manage the pain without them as they cause constipation. Which you DO NOT want I am suffering with that as we speak didn't take as many stool softners as usual and not enough fluid. I am paying for it today I am miserable. Tucks which are which hazel wipes... makes wiping easier. Lots of fruits and veggies. I've been eating oatmeal, soups, fish, rice, cereal, yougurt, jello. Squirt bottle to clean your bum after a bm. I take a multi viatamin everyday. Oh also I find for me standing up and do a slight squat over the toilet it easier to get out. Just my experience so far.. fell free to ask me anything. I can inform you up through day 8. 🙂

• Posted

I don't regret it. Yet hope it stays that way. But all those things help if you do decide to go through with the surgery. I myself was dealing with pain all the time it started to interfere with my life. So I think it's a risk I'm willing to take because the pain I had with them were pretty excruciating. So another month of excruciating pain to rid them I'll risk it

• Posted

I just got it done today at 7am. I think the numbing medicine is starting to wear off. I'm a nervous wreck!

• Posted

You'll do fine!!!! I'm on day 11 and I'm starting to feel human again. I don't regret it at all! The pain is very manageable just do those things I suggested and it will make it much easier! Any questions feel freee to ask

• Posted

Thanks sooooooo much!... I do have a question. How long did it take for the numbing medicine to wear off?
    • Posted

I'd say a couple hours after the procedure. By now yours should be wore off. TAke you pain meds as they help keep you at a level that you can manage the pain

• Posted

Even for the 1st bowel movement? I'm super scared of that it hasn't happened yet

• Posted

It happened today. Wasn't as painful as I thought but I've went like 5 times already and its uncomfortable. It's soft thank God. And it's petty swollen . And I'm guessing I'm having spasms or gas lol

• Posted

lol can't say that I ever thought I'd be asking someone if they had a bm or not. Ya I didn't think it was as bad as everyone claimed it was. I also believe the procedure is more painful for dudes because they ain't use to having pain in that region. But yes swollen and probably stings. But a sitz bath and ice helps that.. so hope things are going decent for ya probably spasms those are not fun do they only last for a couple seconds and it feels like your sucking inward? There's someone else I talk to on here he said I only went like a dime size and a small a inch long and it felt like I passed the world through. So true thought it was funny

• Posted

Hey! How are you doing?. It's been a few days and I've been working myself up and worrying for nothing lol. It's been uncomfortable but very manageable. I was so scared to go the bathroom yesterday cuz I haven't went since the day after surgery but I went and it was crazy! Lol. They came shooting out like torpedoes lol!!! I had to share that! Haha

• Posted

Doin pretty good! Off everything except stool softners make sure to take those bad boys. But the last 3 days I have been out of bed completly I cleaned my house vigorously on mon then yesterday did a bunch of laundry and then today went to the park and out to eat. I'm a lil swollen and a lil stingy but it's nuthin that you focus on you get distracted with life. I think right now at night is when I notice it the most but still it's waaaay better then what I was dealing with before. Ya im finding the whole pooping thing ain't bad at all! Just let your body do the pushin for you. Still looks pretty gross have like these bumps were they were removed but supposedly those are suppose to go away I sure hope so. Glad to hear things are going good for you. So far I don't regret it. I meet with my surgeon on the 13 so hopefully it will be good news! I'll keep you updated as how things go. Any questions let me know i check this regularly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.