Hemorrhoid banding

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had banding with my hemorrhoids 7 times, it's the last try before having them cut off and i needed it doing quickly as i go away on Sunday for 2 weeks.

the previous times i have been put to sleep for it and once I've woke up i have been sore but the pain was bearable, this time i only had gas and air and when he banded my 4 piles i nearly shot to the roof.

the surgeon said he didn't expect my piles to be so big and said they may not drop off but will shrink.

i have never been in this pain, I'm in agony! i opened my bowels earlier but i have trouble with going to the toilet, i ended up going 3 times and had a fair bit of blood in the toilet. is this normal? and should i be unbearable pain 4 days post opp? I'm taking the strongest co codomal i can get.

so scared as I'm going on holiday next weekend.

any reviews and help will be very appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I only had the cut and stich so cant say if the pain should be like that for you . But if you feel it's not right call someone before thing get to bad . I had a really bad bleed after my operation and did go back . So pleased I did as all got sorted in the end

• Posted

If you are in agonizing pain you should consult with your doctor. I had tried banding but a bruise had formed due to the pressure and it just got worse. I ended up getting surgery instead. Excruciating pain I would guess means there is some complication. Generally, banding is supposed to be mildly uncomfortable and if you've had it before like you said then this should clue you in. It doesn't hurt to see your doctor if you are in so much pain. Don't wait, otherwise it might get worse.

• Posted

Banding should not put you in excruciating pain. The doctor may have banded close to or below the dentate line, which is where your nerve endings start and where you start to feel pain. In theory, banding should be done above that line so you should feel discomfort or some pain, but not pain where you need opioids. I suggest calling your doctor to either try to get it removed or tough out the pain for a fee more days. Good luck!

• Posted

Hey Tpuff , how was your recovery with the banding? I had 2- grade 2 internal's banded on the 12th of june. Right and left side at the same time. So im probably 80% back to normal. Im not in any "pain" although if i encounter any straining i feel it! Again, not pain more yes i know the area is still tender, or at least on one side.

• Posted

i had 3 grade 2&3 internals banded, twice. The recovery for both were pretty easy with some mild to moderate discomfort. The first time, it helped for 6-7 months before the pain started coming back for my other hems (I have multiple hems, internal and external...yeah, not fun). I hope that yours is a more permanent fix. Mine were too severe for it to help permanently but the relief was much welcomed .

• Posted

So will you go for another banding? How long was your recovery? Also ive read there's 3 hemorrhoid plexus. and unless you have all 3 done they can reoccur

• Posted

Jnf I've been reading the same thing. I actually scheduled with my doc for next week to see about banding a 3rd area.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.