Hemorrhoid Banding aftercare

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had 4 heamorrhoids banded a week ago. Pain seems to be getting easier except after a BM. Pain after BM can last from an hour up to 6. The question I have is when I go to the loo, one still prolapses and feels very tight to get back in. Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal and will it fall away? Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am waiting for my operation in a couple of weeks and just scared of the whole thing. How long was the operation and how did you feel after it ? What should you be eating ?
  • Posted

I had 3 bandings over the summer. The first one was brutal. Not at all what the Dr said. Plus my Dr only did one at a time with about 6 weeks in-between. She felt that that skin was too tender to have all banded at once. The second one was bad, but I was more prepared. The third one was a breeze, no pain at all. When you have banding, you develop scarring and that could be what you feel. I thought that when I had my first one banded, the one near it was also affected and that one hurt so much. Same for the second one. But the third one had no other and it was great! Give it time. I took Ibuprofen and it worked perfectly.
    • Posted

Hi I am just waiting for my operation which is in a couple of weeks. How long was your operation and how did you feel after it ? What are you allowed to eat after the operation ? Where was the operation ?
    • Posted

The banding didn't take long as was home the same day. After just stick to high fibre foods and drink plenty of water. I was sore after and needed paracetamol. I had it done at stepping hill hospital in Stockport.

• Posted

Hi Gary how are you feeling now ?
    • Posted

A little better. Had to go back to hospital and discovered I was torn twice during the procedure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.