hemorrhoid banding recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I had a hemorrhoid banding procedure done on Tuesday. On Thursday I had my first bowel movement. I had multiple bowel movements on Thursday. I saw 4 bands in the toilet Thursday and 5 on Friday. Today is Saturday and my rectum is in so much pain. Has anyone else experienced this? I thought this was a pain free operation? Any advice is welcome. Thank You

Lin

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

by by no means pain free, make make sure you are drinking at least three liters of water a day, make make sure you are getting plenty of fiber! No straining!!! think think of it like this, when when the band's fall off you're going to have essentially an open wound, that will need plenty of time to heal. if you strain you will continue to reopened said wound. it took me a good two to three months before I started feeling normal again.

• Posted

*šŸ˜†sorry...talk to text

• Posted

I believe that i did everything correctly. Last night one of my hemorrhoids came back. Its thombosed and extremely painful. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow. I don't know what to do. The inside of my anus is sore. The outside is beyond sore. I've had 3 children naturally. That recovery and pain pails in comparison to this. Im considering going to the ER. I wish i knew if they would do something.

• Posted

Jnf123, did you get yours banded and nothing else? I just banded 2 of mine, well 4 weeks ago and still not perfect result.

Minor symptoms perhaps but some feeling of fullness and something still "there".

Would you say it is still possible to get more healing If more time pass? I do not strain, very very thorough in taking fiber and drink loads of water.

Im thinking i need to repeat the banding one time to get optimal result but perhaps more healing time is needed?

• Posted

John it took me a good 2-3 months before i started feeling somewhat normal again. remember every time that you go to the bathroom you're essentially reopening that wound. and if you're straining every time it's doing more damage.. causing those blood vessels to bulge out even more. I can recall after 2 months messaging the colorectal doctor and saying I still feel like something's there and their response was it's one of the most sensitive parts of the anatomy and it will take some time and healing.. if you just had yours done for weeks ago you still got some time my brother

• Posted

I wanted to thank you for replying to my initial post. I was in so much pain, I didn't know what to do with myself. I ended up visiting the ER. They only gave me numbing cream. The next day I saw the surgeon. He believed that if was an external hemorrhoid. He didnā€™t know why it came out.... If there was a problem with the banding of what had happened. He scheduled surgery the next day to remove that hemorrhoid. After the procedure I found out that when he put me under anesthesia and I had been relaxed, two more external hemorrhoids appeared. He believed that the best thing to do would be to do a Hemorrhoidectomy and remove all three. He said that he had gone back into my rectum to see what had happened and why the external hemorrhoid, that I had posted about, was so painful. He believed that when he banded the internal that it was too close to the recital wall and that it left a gaping wound. This was pulling on the external causing me pain. He had banded 15 in all. He sutured that as well. I am now 3 weeks 2 days post op from the banding and 2 weeks 2 days post op from the Hemorrhoidectomy. Itā€™s been pretty rough. Iā€™m feeling very frustrated. I just want this healing process to be complete. Yesterday I felt a ā€œpatch,ā€ like a hard area on my skin. Itā€™s on the side where he removed the 2 externals. Iā€™m praying to god that itā€™s not another hemorrhoid. It almost feels like a hard bruise. Has anyone ever experienced anything like what Iā€™m describing? Thanks.

• Posted

absolutely, your skin will flare up all sorts.. expect itching and possibly a rash.. remember the anal rectal cavity is one of the most sensitive parts to have any surgery done on. it will take a lot of rest relaxation no straining, lots of fiber and lots of water. ice packs , hot baths ect . oatmeal, prunes, fiber, and tons of water

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.