Hemorrhoid pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Did anyone ever try nitroglycerin cream on hemmoroids? I am see research that is a big help controlling pain and helping. Nitro is most commonly used for chest pain because it is a smooth muscle relaxer, I want to try this but I want to see if

anyone else did and how it worked

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I haven’t tried it but pharmacist told me it caused headaches in some people so I declined.  But it was a doc who prescribed it so he must have had success with it in the past...and he’s a pretty conservative guy.
  • Posted

I was prescribed it about 20 years ago and it does work, but I have had problems for over 25 years and it is only a stop gap solution. Best to find a permanent solution if you can. I have had banding , and the HALO op recently which resulted in 7 " tie offs" but the op missed 2 which I have had successfully treated by banding.

Fingers crossed, all seems to be well now.......but in my experiences, including cauterizations years ago, I am not holding my breath. I do not believe that there is such a thing as a permanent solution unfortunately. Sorry to sound so negative but that's my own experience!

• Posted

Thanks I have not been able to find anything that works well either. Surgery sounds horrific.
    • Posted

Surgery not that bad, most important thing is to change diet a week prior to surgery and have an experienced surgeon perform it...if you have not experienced painful hems before gonna be a lot tougher to handle..I'm day 23 today and so glad I had it...my hems and fissures have gave me so much pain over the years that the surgery was just like a bad flare up....I wish I did it in my early 20s now I'm in my early 40s, just had 20 years of miserable pain for no reason....

• Posted

Forgot to mention that hemerectomy/fissurerectomy has a 97% success rate, to me that is close enough to a sure thing to get it done and never feel that every day torture again....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.