Hemorrhoid stapling (PPH Longo method) surgery?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Saw a doctor and he recommended this method as the best method for my grade 3 hemorrhoids. I would like to know if anyone here has undergone this procedure. if yes, what was it like in terms of pain and healing and also was the post-surgery result good?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi I am post OP day 5 from this procedure and while I did have this in conjunction with a botox injection for anal fissure I can give you my experience.

was it like in terms of pain

Immediately waking up after surgery was the most pain, I do not believe it compares to others who have the traditional surgery however. I was sent home with oxy, and I think I only took it for 2 days before I could manage completely with Tylenol.

post-surgery result good?

Only post op day 5 and have some minor issues with fecal incontinence. I can't seem to find too much describing what is expected. Otherwise the rest of my symptoms are very manageable so far. All I can say is that I have to go to the bathroom, I must go right away. As I will not be able to hold it in. I am hoping this will go away within time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.