Hemorrhoid surgery my experience

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone I am a 49-year-old female that had grade 3 hemorrhoids.  I had the surgery last Wednesday. Just wanted to share my experience with you all. I know you all are very scared from reading other people’s posts, but I’ll be honest it’s not as bad as it sounds. 

Day one… Arrived at hospital 730 in the morning went down to preop around 9:00.  Went into surgery about 945. Was in recovery around 11. The nurse asked if I was in any pain. On a scale of 1 to 10 I was about a four.  She gave me a Percocet to feel better. I had some crackers and juice and was  discharged from the hospital around 1145.  Got home and went straight to bed. Slept a couple of hours woke up and had to urinate. I set up the sits there and sat and sat in hot water.  Not too hot. The sitz bath will be your friend for a few days. I changed my dressing took another pain pill ( Oxycodone)  did not have much of an appetite. Had about a half cup of oatmeal. Went to sleep again for a few hours. Whatever you do do not skip your pain pill. If you have to take it every six hours take it 5 1/2.  You do not want to wait until you have pain. So far I’ve been feeling very nauseous not much pain more uncomfortable.  Woke up around 130 in the morning and threw up. Went back to bed.  The first day is the hardest part but as long as you take your meds you will be OK. 

Day two… Woke up feeling better had a whole wheat toast with peanut butter. I thought I had to girl but it was only gas. The dressing did come out  and I felt a lot better. Took my pills went back to sleep. Everyone’s in a while I would get a sharp pain down there But nothing I couldn’t handle. I have more of an appetite today which was good. Also make sure you have plenty of fluids. Your diet should be soft foods vegetables fruits oatmeal nothing processed  but nothing I couldn’t handle. I have more of an appetite today which was good. Also make sure you have plenty of fluids. Your diet should be soft foods vegetables fruits now nothing processed. Took a stool softener and magnesium before bed.  The doctor usually tells you to take a stool softener the first night if that doesn’t make you go then add a laxative. Magnesium as a laxative. Slept through most of the night. Just a little uncomfortable. 

Day three… Well today’s the day I went.  I know it sounds gross but you will be better off to go to the bathroom in the sitz bath. It relaxes your muscles. As soon as I went which wasn’t all that bad. I was more nervous about it than anything. Just make sure you Breathe don’t hold your breath. I went soft which was a good thing. As soon as I was done I used an unscented wipes and jumped in the shower. Let the water cleanse you.  Try not to use that much soap.  Take a sitz bath whenever you feel uncomfortable. A lot of people had said they sat in the tub with water I personally preferred the sitz bath. No longer than 20 minutes. Also make sure you walk even if you walk back-and-forth you need to move around. Keep the area clean and dry. You will need pads and change them off also make sure you walk even if you walk back-and-forth you need to move around. Keep the area clean and dry. You will need pads and change them often.  Today I only took the  Oxycodone in the morning because one of the side effects is that they constipate you. Once that wore off I took Advil every four hours and I was OK. 

Day four...Today I woke up had my breakfast and felt great. The only thing I went to the bathroom five times today. My mistake because I took a stool softener and laxative together and I stocked the Oxsee codi today I woke up had my breakfast and felt great. The only thing I went to the bathroom five times today. My mistake  I stopped the oxycodone and should not have taken the stool softener and laxative together.   I was OK because every time I went it was soft.  No need for pain pill the Advil is helping. 

Day five… Well today I feel wonderful!  The only thing is I’m very itchy down there so that’s a good thing because it means it’s healing. Had my breakfast went to the bathroom once did some laundry housework.   My advice to all take the sitz bath whenever you feel you need it even if it’s just for five minutes or 20 minutes it will make you feel better Never skip your pain pills if you need them!  Have plenty of fluids. Eat soft foods and walk. I still can’t sit fully but it’s only been a few days! 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.