Hemorrhoid - what type and what’s the chance they will go away?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I like to think I’m a relatively active and healthy 25 year old. I recently took very sick and the pressure, as well as causing me severe abdomen pain has also caused a bad dose of Hemorrhoids. At first there appeared to be two small pea shaped lumps inside my rectum (I had once had a Hemorrhoid 3 years ago that went away itself after a few days of using a cream), along with a far larger lump that protruded out my anus and had a purple tinge to it. I went to the pharmacy and was given anti inflammatory and a cream to apply. After three days of extreme pain I woke up to the shock of the bed being absolutely covered in blood. The plus point was the pain was almost gone and the huge lump had dissipated. I showered and cleaned myself and noticed a red small ball lump in the shower which I assume was a clot?. I still feel the two smaller lumps and have to wear pads due to bleeding (not much, usually just a small few drops) but enough I’d worry would soak through my clothes and cause embarrassment. That was two days ago and there is still some blood. The other two that are further up only cause me pain during a bm and wiping. Due to work this last week when it started I’ve barely had a minute off my feet and when I have I’ve been sitting on long haul flights, and not always been able to apply the cream. 

The questions I have that I am hoping someone can answer is 1) is it normal for the bleeding from the large burst one to still be there 3 days later? If so how much longer can I expect it? And 2) now I’m back to a more normal life, what’s the chances of the other two going away on their own with otc creams, baths and some essential oils? And again if so, how long usually? I feel I’m too young to be plagued with this and it’s only because of being so sick recently. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like one was thrombolised and popped I think you should get checked up by.l doctor .. mean while do you do sitz baths ?  A tub over toilet filled with hot water with Epsom salts and coconut oil? 

I’ve sufferee with piles and a fissure and found taken Movicol twice a day 

Sitz baths 

Forces of nature fissure control they do one for piles 

I’ve not wiped my butt for 6 months either I jump onto the sitz bath after a BM

Let dry and apply forces of nature 

I also have a cream called proktis m which is good 

It’s a daily routine ...

Lots of fiber. Smoothies .veggies and water !!!!

How you can take a little from this but just get the doctor to look at you 

Tasha 

• Posted

Hi Darkbeforedawn I had the symptom as you. If I tell you my pain was worst than a ten after an BM. I was taking all kind of med. Ibuprofen Tylenol3 anything that can take my pain away. So one day I finally went to the doctor of course she check me I felt so uncomfortable when she check my rectum. I had a scar tissue and it was call fissure. She prescribed me a prescription call Hydrocortisone Acetate suppositories 25gram. We're i had to place inside my rectum. I'm back to normal sometimes I had to remind my self no spicy food drink plenty of water no cheese and lots of fiber oatmeal is the best make sure it has more than 1% of fiber.

• Posted

I had a fissure many years back which went away as a result of 5 mins procedure by a Surgeon. Recently about a month back, i was diagnosed grade 2 Hemorrhoids and prescribed Anusol Plus Cream. Apparently I am ok with no discomfort. However I read on this Forum some one saying that the above cream should not be used more than 7 days at a time; possibly that it contains steroids. Any views on it?

If one does not feel any problem due to Hemorrhoids, should one stop using ointments? One likes to continue these as a precautionary measure though with lesser frequency. Any Views?

• Posted

Thanks everyone. Yes that was my suspicions was I had one thrombosed Hemorrhoid and two prolapsed internal. I had learned that after the first 72 hours there’s not much a doctor can do so will probably leave it a week or two to see if it clears itself. 

For the burst one - how long do you recon for the bleeding to stop? For the two internal ones how long in general to subside? Assuming I use the siltz baths and creams? 

• Posted

Looks like you're never too young! Be sure you're not anemic from losing that much blood. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.