hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Please please please help me. I'm on day 12 of a hemorrhoidectomy and my anus is all mis-shaped and looks awful. I don't think I will ever be able to get intimate again, as it's the most awful frightening shape. I feel traumatised.

Has anyone else got this problem? I feel like the surgeon has made a right botch job sad

I really wish I'd never of had this operation. If anyone is thinking about having it done, please don't unless it's absolutely necessary!!!

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I to have had a hemmerhoidectomy.. I had mine in spring 2014. I now suffer from stenosis. I am a gay young male who used to enjoy sexual encounters. I will most likely never have another encounter or another boyfriend for the remainder of my life due to what has been done to me. I was surgically botched. I suffer from constant swelling, fissures, I have to constantly monitor my diet and water intake just to avoid painful bowel movements. I have to use a sink every time I finish using the rest room. Just this year I was told about report malpractice. By the time the option was given to me it was too late.. To much time had passed. I honestly don't want to be alive anymore and constantly fantasize about being caught in a natural do aster that there is no escape from. The people in my life that know would never want me to kill myself but... I want to really bad. I'd probably done something sooner if I hadn't suffered so much life altering family death and job loss. I have a boyfriend now one I had from before the surgery, but he cheats on me alot.. I can't blame him to bad just because of what's happened to me. I'm doing my best to make it work because I know that if I shun him from my life.. That's it.. I'll never have someone again. I'll never have someone who knew me when I shined and was happy. I'll have no one that can Remeber who I used to be. I don't think anyone could fall for me again. I'm like a rose thays become so bruised I'll just be passed up time and retire again till I wilt. Please be very Very adamant about your healing process. Treat the doctors like they know nothing, question everything, know the procedure inside and out. Do no believe them when they tell you the healing looks good. Never trust them at all. Do no be afraid to contact an attorney and sue them! Do not hesitate like I did. Do not let yourself regret everything like I do. Don't end up like me a young man with nothing ahead of him because of the trust he gave others to easily. Don't let yourself be me.. Please

• Posted

Oh dear my heart goes out to you. I thought if you got stenosis you can be given a dilator to help open up the anus & fix the problem - does this not work? Surly there must be something they can do... although it's trusting them not to mess things up even more.

I had a b/m last night & it is still painful this morning, so I am going to take some pain relief as I've got to go work & will be sat down for almost 8hrs!!

I know I'm early days, but I've taken a look & it still looks red raw. I thought 5 wks on it would have some kind of scab/thin skin forming, but there's nothing. I'm wondering if it's because I'm knocking it off every time I go the toilet, but if this is the case, i will never heal!?!

I have developed some large skin tags that my surgeon has told me will go down, as its part of the healing process. After taking another look today, I've no idea where they can go and I suspect I will end up getting them cut off at a later date.

I question why these surgeons don't inform us of the real facts. My surgeon did not explain the aftercare and difficulties I could encounter (which seem to be the norm); except it's a very painful operation and will need 2/3 wks off work. I honestly feel I should of been given 6wks off. Actually if I'd been told all the facts and read these forums, I wouldn't of had it done.

I'm struggling with my mental health just these past 5 wks, so god knows how I'd feel a year later & more if I was no better!! I do hope you improve each day and one day feel confident to ditch the cheating boyfriend (you don't deserve that) & meet someone special to have a loving intimate relationship with.

I'm single & would love to meet someone, but getting intimate with someone right now is not an option. So it looks like I'll be celibate until this disfigurement is sorted & im no longer worrying when my next b/m is going to be... I pray this will be quick!!

Good luck & take care, I do hope things improve for you x

• Posted

Hey! My heart goes out to you since I'm in a very similar situation to yours. I had the procedure this July for two small inner hemorrhoids. Now my anus looks so distorted! And plus I have an external hemorrhoids. Bowel movements are a nightmare since there is so much pain. I regret ever going in for the procedure. My surgeon did not inform me about the pain, the results or anything of that sort.

• Posted

Hi Spinx, hope you're feeling better. I hope you don't mind me contacting you but I'm really worried I'm suffering with stenosis. The opening of my anus is really tight & wont stretch. When I go the toilet, B/m are slightly slimmer than I use to have, but getting them out is horrendous. Is this the same symptoms you have experienced??

• Posted

Ugh! Same! I'm on day 12 now and I'm horrified. All looked well before my first bm, but the thing is the roids weren't flared up when I had the surgery, I was so scared that he wouldn't get them and now I think it's true. I can't even explain what it looks like, but deff looks like the roids came back and are just more little but spaced out and petrudibg more rolleyes like he just sliced it up and tightened it without removing anything. I should've known. He didn't even remove the one skin tag that was visible I know for a fact. Ughhh... did yours get better? I regret this so much I'm only 20 and THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST PAIN I HAVE FELT. and I just broke my femur in half 2 months ago. I'm going into depression. I've lost all my confidence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.