Hemorrhoidectomy a week ago & I’m so much pain! Anyone been there? Any advice?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey everyone! I'm 36yrs old and just had a hemorrhoidectomy last monday and I'm still in terrible pain! For a month before surgery my hemorrhoids were flared up and causing alot of pain and bleeding so the Dr said surgery was my best option for relief. So far it's been miserable and almost unbearable. I've had 5 children and would have much rather been giving birth than going through this process. In order to have a bowel movement since surgery I had to take laxatives, drink prune juice & milk of magnesia. Finally passed some stool on day 7. The pressure is constant, the pain is ridiculous. I have a high pain tolerance but this is literally kicking mt butt to the point I'm in tears several times a day. Anyone else go through this? Have any advice?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.