Hemorrhoidectomy countdown

Posted , 3 users are following.

41 year old male. Had piles on and off since I was 15 (damn exam stress). Last year things got worse, explosive toilet sessions, blood everywhere... Decided to go see my GP, it was a new doctor, heard my symptoms and immediately referred me to a hospital. A few months later, saw the conflating (nice chap) and advised to go for the chop.

was due to have a pre-op on 22nd Feb but they had a cancellation so moved my procedure to 11th!

is there anything I can do to prepare myself in the remaining few days?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, the countdown is well and truly on. Nil by mouth now (and really thirsty but want to be clear for the anaesthetic). I've got everything ready, bath, potty, wipes, flax seeds, stool softener. Not going to be able to sleep though I guess.

as for firming my stools up, I found that eliminating meat and processed food helped a little. The big game changer for me was my packed lunch at work. Bananas, dry white bread toast and raw veg. It just seemed to make them less moussy and more in the middle of the Bristol scale.

Also have tried the squatty potty. Feels odd, but last two BM have been perfect. Why it is suddenly behaving I don't know.

ill start a new thread possibly and give a day by day account of the aftermath of the op.

bye for now.

• Posted

Hiya sorry it's late but I do hope you get this before your op! Just think.......tomorrow at some point you will be pile free!!! Lol. I wish you the very best and hope everything goes perfectly! I.ll look forward to your posts. Get well soon. E. 
  • Posted

All done. Will start a new thread for the post op

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.