Hemorrhoidectomy Recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys, it's been about a day since my surgery. The pain is not too horrible like many have described (maybe I'm lucky), but it is definitely pretty bad. I recommend taking percocets or whatever pain killers the doctor prescribes you exactly. I made the mistake of not taking my percocets during the night and woke up feeling like around a 8-9/10 in pain/discomfort. I want to thank many of you for posting as you encouraged me to get this surgery done! Any suggestions or tips, please leave in the discussion below. Thank you again. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Drink A LOT of water to try and not get constipated. Percoset is known for that. If your Dr. didn't suggest stool softeners... get some. Hard poops will bring tears to your eyes and you might want to scream!

• Posted

I had surgery yesterday. Just suffered my first BM .... i prepared a warm sidz bath immediately got in after. It feels like i pasted razors. Im in a world of pain. Took my pain killers and im just laying here praying they kick in soon. Keep your stool soft and run a bath before you go. I was not in pain yesterday but today oh how it hurts.
  • Posted

how do you guys remove gauzes from the wound? also farting seems like i can't and just bloat up

• Posted

Nevermind, the gauze passed by itself. Everyone, I think you guys should know prior to getting the surgery done- the pain really depends on your healthiness, how many external hemorrhoids are removed, and your mental ability to deter pain. I only got one removed and am quite young so while the pain was terrible the second day (i think it ranged from a 4-10/10), the third day (today) I am able to sit down and pass gas and everything okay. The pain currently is around a (2-3/10). Thank you for listening to me and thank you guys for posting, it really helped me out so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.