Hemorrhoids

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone developed hemorrhoids with hormone changes ???

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi have them but not cause if change but are worse cause of change if that makes sense x
  • Posted

Hi Renee i have had 3 ops to have mine removed. One consultant removed 5 without being put out. The worse thing ever i was unwell for @ least a year after. I had to go back in to have the other 3 removed a much better experience as was put out. Do they cause you discomfort?
    • Posted

I only have one but it has for few days now. Thinking about trying preparation h suppositories
    • Posted

Hi, can I ask how are they removed? What do you mean by without being put out please? Was it painful afterwards. I have so many left from my pregnancy, :8 years ago. They do get flared up and painful time to time. Ouch they can ve very painful.
    • Posted

I had an appoint with a consultant as my Dr reffered me, i made the mistake of letting him Band them there & then. Big mistake absolute agony!! I was in a lot of pain for the next few months. I then had to go back in to have the remaining ones removed under aneasthetic so muh better, it was so much better than not being put out. The consultant should never have done this even my Dr at that time agreed with me. Its so nice now as use to be very sore & bleeding & painful.

• Posted

Oh, guess they used different method to remove the ones under anesthetics. Did they?
    • Posted

No same method they band them no blood supply to them so they just go !smile
    • Posted

I see. The reason they were painful first time round was because no anesthetics used. Thank you. It is very helpful to me to make a decision about mine which I call flowers. Haa haa.
  • Posted

Yes most definitely. Not sure if its hormonal, age or from sitting at my desk job pretty much all day. Could be a combinatiion of all 3.
  • Posted

I've had hemorrhoids since my 20's but they NEVER bothered me until I hit menopause. I have more flareups now and they last longer. I assume because just like the lining of the vagina thins with age, so does the anal area.

• Posted

I thought it might be . I've never had them until now . Does it feel like pressure there and kinda like u need to go use the bathroom ?im very regular .this just creeps me out and concerns me

• Posted

Yes it does feel like pressure. But you should go to the doctor to make sure it's hemorrhoids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.