Hemorrhoids already at age 20 that get worse and won't go away

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am twenty years old, and even though hemorrhoids are a big problem in my mother's family, I am deeply disturbed and embarrassed that I have them already at my age. I have had hemorrhoids since last year, but they were mostly asymptomatic, except for a little blood a couple times when I was really constipated or thought I needed to have a bowel movement and didn't. Until the very end of last year though, I did not have the constant pain, itching, and burning that I have had all of this year now. This pain actually started with unexpectedly needing to have another bowel movement one evening even when I had already had a big one that day, and not from constipation. I have a smaller external one in front of my anus and a bigger one behind that is mostly internal but comes out after a bowel movement. My hemorrhoids only bled twice in January, and within a couple weeks between instances, but multiple times in February and March so far. I did not have a bowel movement for three days until today, because I did not want to have to strain and I am afraid of any more anal bleeding. However, today, before having a bowel movement, I put some hemorrhoid cream on a wipe, which I have also been using instead of toilet paper now, was gentle, and still saw some spots, even though it had been a few days. Is there anything I can do to keep my hemorrhoids from bleeding, and eventually get them to go away? Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i got them at 19 years old from giving birth to my daughter. i had them for 2 years before i got the hemorrhoidectomy. They never did go away on their own. I tried everything. Have you tried miralax in a drink daily? Getting enought water or fiber through out the day?

• Posted

Hi Warner,

You mustn't allow yourself to get constipated, this will only make them worse.

Drink water every day, at least a litre. Add a bit of flavouring if you don't like it plain.

Ground up flaxseed (linseed) from any health food shop, just a tablespoon on your breakfast helps too.

Having soft motions is the key.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi I have had hemorrhoids for 30 years it's in my family as well and mine got really bad after giving birth to my daughter. I have tried everything . Had surgery cut and stitch the 11th of feb this year so still waiting for the end result . Fingers crossed all will be good . Just to get a better quality of life back will be fab without taking creams and everything you need for the little devils

• Posted

I can relate to your story completely! Mine started to become an issue around 20, then they were aggrivated by childbirth at 24 and 27. I broke down and had a consult with a top colorectal surgeon last summer and had a hemmorhoidectomy done in june. Ive not had any issues since recovering from surgery, but my doctor did say that if i had come in a few years earlier I might have been able to get away with less invasive measures to treat them. I know how embarassing it can be to be young with 'butt problems' but id strongly advise you to see someone and make some dietary changes so that you can have a soft bowel movement daily and not aggrivate them further. Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.