Hemorrhoids, anal fissure or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

In November I had a really hard and uncomfortable bowel movement (felt like I was trying to poop a razor blade) but I thought nothing off it. Then a few days later I noticed alot of bright red blood on the toilet paper and in the bowl. Again, thought nothing off it as I've had hemorrhoids off and on since i was about 16 (I'm 29 now). I live quite a sedentary lifestyle. I decided to take a bath everyday and after a few weeks the pain (pooping a razor blade sensation) and the blood largely subsided.

For Christmas I bought myself a bike and over the holidays cycled about 15-20 miles.

Then on New Years I had a bowel movement and noticed alot of bright red blood, and the same again yesterday. The movement wasn't as painful as before, but there was a slight 'pooping a razor blade sensation'. 

This morning I decided to inspect my anal area and noticed a blue/purple like colour around the anal opening (not sure if this is normal). I also noticed a red circular spot which sort of looks like a cut. I'm not sure how to describe it so I took a picture because it was the only way I could see what I was looking at -

WARNING LINK TO GRAPHIC PICTURE -

Apart from this I feel quite healthy, eating normal, no abdominal pain etc. I'm so freaked out the blood might be something very serious like cancer. I dread going to the toilet. 

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey, I do not know if it’s your same situation but I used to have emorroids and anal fissures. Whenever I see myself getting the symptom i wear a pair of comfortable leggings on top of normal trousers and I make sure that I am overly dressed. This heat fron clothing increases the blood circulation and in a couple of days I am good as new. I know the leggings are not very manly but they are effective. One important change in diet, when I am feeling issues down there I avoid any form of seeds or nuts. They really damage the linen and these small cuts from undigested food can flare up and be extremely helpful . I hope you will find my remedy helpful. In a nutshell, avoid seeds and nuts and keep the area super warm to allow your circulation to heal 
  • Posted

Definitely looks like a fissure to me. I would lay off the biking for a while until it is completely healed. Even then, you risk opening the cut up again. As far as having it heal,

Here are some suggestions I have for you to help you through:

1. Try some zinc oxide in the form of calmoseptine which has menthol to soothe the area down there as well. Calmoseptine can be bought at almost any local drugstore and can be bought online too.

2. Try squatting when going on the toilet instead of sitting. This is a much  helathier position and the poop sometimes will just slide out,  no pushing or straining involved.

3. I would definately take a fiber supplement, specifically metamucil  is what I take evveryday,  in ordr to allow your stools to be soft and to allow them to pass thorugh easily. THis being said, with any fiber supplement, you must drink lots of water when using them, or they will not work veffectively. Also, do not take too much as too much fiber can irritate your bowels on the way  out and diarreah actually does worse down there.

Hope this helps!!

Best,

Myles

• Posted

I completely agree on the need of finer supplements and biking is off until you are a bit better I have tried to use stuff prescribed at the drugstore and did not work, and actually you risk irritating the area.

May be try to wear leggings trousers for a couple of days underneath normal clothing for a couple of days and see if it improves. I was very close to get an operation before I found this trick.

The products that might prescribe you are designed to increase local circulation for healing and they have collateral effects. So why don’t you achieve the same outcome ina more natural way. I know it is a bit unconventional but for me on top of avoiding seeds and nuts which harm the linen of the intestine worked amazing.

Give it a go for a coupe of days and let me know. You can always go back to more conventional remedies thereafter 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.