Hemorrhoids due to diarrhea but in the mornings

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been stressed for a few weeks now due to my wife being terminally ill in hospice. It has brought diarrhea and because of it hemorrhoids.

I took dairy, coffee out of my diet and have done sitz bath also ice, massaging the hems and also used witch hazel and anusol ointment.

It has reduced the swelling but somehow in the mornings after I eat breakfast I get diarrhea. Once I defecate I feel great and my stomach feels stronger and can go about the rest of my day normal so it is usually in the mornings.

Does anyone know what it could be, what can I do to make this go away? Thank you all in advance for your replies.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I do sit for hours and hours at the hospice unit, I know that doesnt help the hemorrhoids.

Im not in pain nor itching or bleeding I just want the diarrhea to go away so the hems can fully heal.

I am afraid to try the BRAT diet because it may constipate me, I have tried the toast, rice and applesauce and it has brought a lil constipation or hardened stool.

Any help please will be apreciated, thank you.

• Posted

So sorry to hear about your wife. My wife died one year and four months ago. Due to the stress and anxiety I've got all sorts of physical health problems now. But not matter what diet or meds I've tried , nothing has made much difference for me. So there's not much I can offer . About the only thing I've found that helped with diarrhea was a small dose of bismal every other day. But then I had to star eating more fruit to keep constipation at bay. Again , sorry about your wife and that I couldn't offer more help.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this post. Hope that your physical health problems get better.
  • Posted

Did excluding dairy and coffee from your diet make any difference your symptoms?  If not keep a food diary to see if anything else could be causing it.  You maybe having a stress response to your wife's condition. See your doctor and ask about IBS which can be triggered by stress.  Relief of symptoms after a bowel movement is an IBS symptom.  Any change in bowel habit should be investigated.  Your doctor may run tests if unsure what is causing your problems.  Tell your doctor about your stress.

• Posted

Yes excluding dairy and coffee has made a difference to some extend that before I had diarrehea several times during the course of the day now its just in the mornings and then it stops.

I am leaving a trip to the doctor as a last resort I am on here to get different feedback or replies to see what it could be because it may just me stress. Thank you for your reply.

• Posted

Sounds like you might be having food reactions if eliminating dairy and coffee has helped a bit.  These are common IBS triggers.  Take care.  Sorry to hear about your wife.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.