Hemorrhoids for over a year

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok.  A year ago I had a DRE and was diagnosed with hemorrhoids and I still feel the affects of them.  The internal ones bother me the most and I wonder if I was misdiagnosed.  There is no bleeding or pain but constant irritation.  Don’t know what to do.  Prep h does not help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Internal hemorrhoids feels very distinct, pressure or a bubble kind of feeling inside of anus... Continued irritation happens from minor stool or mucas leakage..... Sometimes so minor that you can't even realize, also itching and feeling of having bowl movement even if you dont need to go, i can slightly see them if i squat over a mirror for 2 to 3 min.... The pressure makes them slightly visible when i relax the muscles...similar to little round balls forming around anus opening.... Also after bowl movements.... Ive been suffering for almost a year now and unfortunately haven't been able to improve the hems... I use baby powder for irritation around the area and keeping it dry at all times.. Also bath or shower straight after bm.. Hope this could be of some help and best of luck

• Posted

Thank you so much for sharing.  This discomfort is sometimes depressing because it seems as though it is never going to get better.  Also, the best to you and I hope that you’ll be doing fine very soon.  
  • Posted

Think you should go to your doctor for them to look at this, they have seen this all before.
  • Posted

I could also recommend gking to your gp, askimg for depositorys and anti fungal cream! That would help greatly for irritation as hemorrhoids causes puritus ani... That's the irritation amd depositorys helped me a lot with the pressure..... Other that essential oils that offers some relief i have come to learn the only way is to have them removed. I haven't got medical so thats not an option for me! If you can i would suggest taking to your doctor and asking for rubber banding! Thats least evasive and do have 60% success rate

• Posted

I found I was allergic to all piles creams. The only thing I could put on was coconut oil, which helped a little as did regular site baths. The thing that helped the most was buying a toilet stool to put my feet up on when going to the loo. It gets you into a more natural position. It takes a few weeks for piles to clear up but after that I have found using a stool every time I go to the loo to be a complete cure. I even have a portable folding one that I keep in the back of the car/ take on holiday. It’s been an absolute life saver. I can’t recommend getting one highly enough. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.