Hemorroidectomy stitches

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

im am currently day 7 post op of all 3 heamorroids

its been a very tough 7 days

my question is as far as i can tell all my stitches are still in place how long should i expect them to be there ? before the dissolve away im lead to believe 7-10 days ? is this right ?

also what are people eating ? im struggling to eat (part not feeling like it / every time i each i need to bm

something small but high in fibre ?????

thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Im at day 6 myself so I cant speak for the stitches. However, as far as eating goes, for the first few days I only ate soup, oatmeal, and soft fruit (avocado, bananas). Now Im eating anything except dairy and rarely meat, and Im not eating anything processed. Im also not eating raw vegetables because they are personally hard on my stomach, but I am eating cooked vegetables.Ive been taking a stool softener as well as probiotics. Ive only had ginger ale, kombucha, and water to drink. When I do eat, I eat super small portions. Ive been tracking my calories since day 2 and unfortunately I am not getting enough calories for the reasons you mentioned. Yesterday I finally got over 1,000 but it was hard. That being said, while id rather be eating and getting nutrition from food, this diet has helped my BMs be smaller and less painful.

• Posted

Hi! Im at day 6 myself so I cant speak for the stitches. However, as far as eating goes, for the first few days I only ate soup, oatmeal, and soft fruit (avocado, bananas). Now Im eating anything except dairy and rarely meat, and Im not eating anything processed. Im also not eating raw vegetables because they are personally hard on my stomach, but I am eating cooked vegetables.Ive been taking a stool softener as well as probiotics. Ive only had ginger ale, kombucha, and water to drink. When I do eat, I eat super small portions. Ive been tracking my calories since day 2 and unfortunately I am not getting enough calories for the reasons you mentioned. Yesterday I finally got over 1,000 but it was hard. That being said, while id rather be eating and getting nutrition from food, this diet has helped my BMs be smaller and less painful.

• Posted

stitches for everyone are different

mine came out on their own I had 3 done and had stitches inside and out. you'll never really know but werid but if you have outter stitches then look yourself get your phone take some photographs at least you can tell what's going on...

when I had my outter stitches my hemroids actually feel off its was absolutely disgusting.

Mine where 14 days and 18 days.

fiber you can buy Metamucil that eliminates your hunger. But if you dont eat your not going to heal.

I ate apple sauce, bran muffins, water, fruits.

I got a major infection on the 10th day it was horriable but remember you have to heal and you need to eat. it's good to have BM use Xlyocaine numbing agent. Sit in a bath.

it's a long long process and its sucks

but hang in there

• Posted

I am 6 days post op. I just had my first BM on Sunday. It wasn't as bad as I read it would be. I have been putting a cap full of Smooth Lax in my coffee every morning, taking 3 Colace a day and drinking lots of water. I have also stuck to as much fiber as possible, to prepare for the first bm. Plant-based is the way to go, in my opinion. I ate mashed potatoes & shredded wheat with unsweetened almond milk the first 2 days, then cabbage soup. I ate a salad with plant based dressing, a piece of Cod and squash right before I had my BM. My dr. advised me to go plant-based a month before my surgery, and it has been incredibly helpful, especially with BMs. I basically try not to eat meat anymore, but I do eat seafood and will occasionally allow my self to enjoy some chicken. Hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.