Hep a no symptons

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my blood test I had to do for medical to start my new job came back positive with hepitias a sad

But as I have no symptoms I've been sent back for more blood tests sad

If it comes back positive ,does this mean I won't be able to start my new job ,even though I feel perfectly fine ???

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Medical? Are you talking about working in a hospital? Have you spoke to someone there to find out? Are you saying you are Hep A? It's takes years before you start feeling symptoms. One thing you must keep track of your blood work cause that will show you if you have liver damage. I was diagnose with Hep C years ago and at that time the doctor I had said there was no need for me to start treatment cause I've shown no signs. Remember this and read up on your condition, educate yourself. I'm starting my treatment tomorrow and I am truly ready t
    • Posted

No I'm ment to be starting work in kitchen,

so went for a medical test ,had blood tests taken and all was negative

Except hepatitis A came back positive,took blood test to doctor

And he asked if I felt tired or sick I said no I feel fine,

So now have been sent back for more blood tests. So if comes

Back positive for hepetitus A again will I not be able to work ??

Hepititus b and c came back negative.

• Posted

Sorry I don't know much about this at all, but doctor said blood test could

Be false if I feel fine and have no symptoms that's why he sent me back

For more blood tests.

• Posted

Oh sorry I misunderstood, but if it's in the kitchen maybe you won't be able to work there. I really have not educated myself with that perticular Hep so again I don't know. Sorry I'm sur someone else on this forum may have a better answer.
  • Posted

Hi Haley I have hep c recently diagnoised.  I have been reading alot about hepatitis in general and understand that hep A cures itself within a few months. But you can get flu like symptoms and jaundice yellowing of the skin and eyes and run a fever if the infection is active.  From what I have read it can be passed when you have symptoms and is passed through food, contaminated water or from a person that has it through sexual contact.  The main cause is not washing your hands well after using the restroom as its passed in the stool.  As far as working in the food service it will be up to your employer.  I also read that you will test positive before getting sick. I would be tested again for sure as it could be a false positive and as you have no symptoms you may not have it at all.  It is not passed by casual contact such as hugging or kissing another person.  I hope your next test will come back negative and you get your job.. Good luck and keep us updated.
    • Posted

Thank you Angelina its hard enough to get a job now a days and sad when you get a job, and something like this could hold her back.  Its scary to be diagnoised with a disease of any kind much less Hepatitis as you worry about everyone you have had contact with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.