Hep C with Cirrhosis diagnosed over 4 years ago, but having pain from liver area & back.

Posted , 3 users are following.

A few weeks ago I started having pains in the liver area, right side under the rib cage and radiate in my back. But around Christmas I'm pretty sure I caught a virus, and I've been miserable.  My hands look like there yellowing some, but my eyes look fine. My urine has been darker.  So my wife & I decided to get serious about my life again and I started detoxing with the green juice and supplements.  What concerns me now is, I've been waking up with cold sweats, mouth extremely dry, and feeling horrible like I've got the flu..  Now the pain from the liver area has subsided, but I have a new pain, located in my back upper left side.  Could this be my kidney, cause my peeing has really burned.  It's been so painful, I've been using a heating pad.  If anyone has dealt with these symptoms or has some good advice, I'd really appreciate your help.  I'm worried, maybe I'm not getting the proper blood flow to my kidneys now.  And no I haven't seen a doctor yet or had any new blood tests.  Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi you really should go to see your gp you know, the burning when you pee along with the back pain  sounds like you may have a UTI and it may have gone to your kidneys. What you need more than anything now is to drink plenty of plain water.  I wouldn't dose  yourself up with to many supplements at this stage until your sure you know whats wrong with you. The hot sweats and the dry mouth could all be to do with this pain in your back and the burning when you pee. an infection, Strong colour urine is a sure indication of not drinking enough water. Get to your gp!

Sue 

• Posted

Thank you Sue.  You're absolutely right.  Having more pain from my liver area.  Btw, I got the Hep C from a blood transfusion, after I had major surgery in 1978.  Sue, I'm curious, are you a nurse.  Thanks again.

Ace 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.